Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite comfort food?

Re: What's your favorite comfort food?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I take it you'll be paying allegiance to St FODMAP for the foreseeable, FMP?
    Yeah.... ~lol~ Its funny... We know what gets to us but we still have it once in a blue moon, only to confirm why we put it on the list in the first place! Hopeful thinking I guess..... Thank goodness for Mylanta and Tums

Positive thoughts and FODMAP friendly foods....
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That FODMAP diet is so miserable..I reckon it's good for reflux but pretty irrelevant for IBS. Not sure that I believe that IBS is influenced by diet anyway but I'm just an old cynic!

That FODMAP diet is so miserable..I reckon it's good for reflux but pretty irrelevant for IBS. Not sure that I believe that IBS is influenced by diet anyway but I'm just an old cynic!
    While I have digestive issues, at worst I also have some mild IBS as my doctor affirmed. Mostly its reflux issues and as we know, can lead to more. There are foods on the FODMAP diet that we tolerate just fine and some that bother us when they shouldn't according to the list but overall, its pretty accurate. The food diary has been the most beneficial aspect.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Don't own up about the fried chicken though..Just write it down as foil baked organic chicken breast and no one will be any the wiser!

Don't own up about the fried chicken though..Just write it down as foil baked organic chicken breast and no one will be any the wiser!
    No one will know except my digestive system Tonight was comforting as well. Pasta with an Alfredo sauce (red sauce tears us up!), shrimp and mushrooms, served with fresh baked bread and a slice of strawberry cheesecake for dessert... Yummm!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 03-08-20 at 12:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    No one will know except my digestive system Tonight was comforting as well. Pasta with an Alfredo sauce (red sauce tears us up!), shrimp and mushrooms, served with fresh baked bread and a slice of strawberry cheesecake for dessert... Yummm!

Positive thoughts

Positive thoughts
    Show off

Honestly for me it's something like McDonalds.

To over analyse a simple question, McDonalds is the perfect 'drug hit' food. And that's what junk/comfort food really is, it satisfies the brain, not the belly.

I have to agree with you Joe.
    Mcdonalds and Southern Fried Chicken. But I rarely eat either these days.
    Also cake! Normally chocolate with good dollop of cream.
    I find casseroles very comforting during the winter months and knowing I'm getting lots of veggies feels me with comfort too.
    Fish and Chips in the warmer months.

Saag paneer with basmati rice
    British-style chicken curry in a baked potato with lots of butter and grated cheese
    Spanakopita
    Indian sweet rice pudding or vermicelli

I do like curry…but my absolute favourite is a really good Pathia. I make my own when I can be bothered. It’s like a sweet and sour curry. It has pineapple juice, mint sauce and all sorts of non typical curry stuff in it but the result is heaven. The local curry house make the perfect Pathia.

Ghost…Spillways

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information