Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite comfort food?

Re: What's your favorite comfort food?

Darksky, that sounds like absolute heaven.

Also sounds quite similar to an achari, which I really like but it's not that easy to find these days.

I quite like a Saag Masala too BI.

I wish you could get a better variety of ready made curry sauces. I don’t always feel like doing it from scratch. It’s always Tikka, Rogan or Korma. Pataks should get a wriggle on and expand a bit

Ghost…Spillways

I've always found it comforting to combine your go to food with a good film. I used to get in from the pub after work, make a fry up or slap in a pizza and grab from a selection of favourite films.

Last Friday I was working from home and did myself a fry-up, fried bread and all. It's best if you cook everything else in the same pan then chuck the bread in - heaven.

Definitely, Blue. I used to have oat cakes so there wasn't room but putting the bread in sounds lovely.

Have you ever tried Menemen or Shakshuka? Looks like a healthier fry up alternative (I haven't had a fry up in years due to keeping my cholesterol down. Used to have them every week) and sounds very tasty. I keep meaning to make Shakshuka.

Pete loves shakshuka, but I don't like eggs so I avoid.

What I do do sometimes though is put about a dozen whole cherry tomatoes in the oven with olive oil, balsamic, black pepper and a finely-chopped rasher of bacon. Leave at Gas 4 for about 20 minutes, then pour over toast and squash the tomatoes with a fork. Bliss, and it makes the kitchen smell INCREDIBLE.

What I do do sometimes though is put about a dozen whole cherry tomatoes in the oven with olive oil, balsamic, black pepper and a finely-chopped rasher of bacon. Leave at Gas 4 for about 20 minutes, then pour over toast and squash the tomatoes with a fork. Bliss, and it makes the kitchen smell INCREDIBLE.
    I like the sound of that BlueIris

A fry up is Mr C's favourite.
    And a fish finger sandwich. (not together, lol)
    I love croque monsieur.

My other half loves a croque, Carnation, and I really like a fish finger sandwich with cheese and ketchup (my tastes are refined )

That's sounds really nice, Blue. Now I'm getting hungry!

A large bowl of porridge. Made with semi skimmed milk, no sugar or anything else. Just pure gorgeous oats, sloppy and gooey Eh Darksky?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread Information