Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite comfort food?

Re: What's your favorite comfort food?

It just satisfies that 'food as a drug' part of the brain lol.

Where I used to live I could get McDonalds via UberEat. Luckily, I can't get that any more because that would be lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    It just satisfies that 'food as a drug' part of the brain lol.

Where I used to live I could get McDonalds via UberEat. Luckily, I can't get that any more because that would be lethal.
    I discovered ubereat delivers McDonalds the other day. I pigged out on cheese burgers because it was nice and soft. Prior to that I hadn't eaten McDonalds for years. It did satisfy the "food as a drug" part of my brain.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

It was faggots and mash today, but all this talk of food I'm having fish and chips with curry sauce.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

As much as I can be a pretentious know it all when it comes to nutrition, there is definitely room for a bit of crap too. The wonders of chip shop chips with curry sauce are virtually endless.

I'm not sure I've ever eaten a faggot. So to speak.

OMG, McDonalds... I can't eat fast food, it kills my stomach, but if I could...that'd be it.

Weirdly, fast food is the thing my stomach deals with best for whatever reason.

It took me nearly 3 months to be able to drink 500ml of green juice every day. My stomach saw it and just said 'hell no', and got rid of it.

Wow... Why do you think that is, Joe? So what is your diet like now?

When I eat like crap, and don't eat a balance of healthy carbs, protein and fruits/vegs, my body starts protesting. Also if I drink too much other stuff and not enough water.

I always thought you were on the brink of orthorexia, Joe.. I'm glad you're not. It's a horrible condition and far better mentally to be flexible with food as you are.

Honestly, Wired...You're only in your thirties..!! You should see the piles of washing up I have to do each day and I'm a wrinkly OAP!!

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The wife went to the butchers this morning. I asked her to get faggots because the mention of them in this thread made me want them for dinner today. Mash, faggots and peas Woooop.
    You've made me hungry now! The faggots from my local butchers are brilliant.

Unfortunately, my ultimate comfort food is unavailable to me as any recipe it might have had passed with my Mum twelve years ago - just a simple home made stew and dumplings.

Cottage pie is the next best thing for me. Eaten with a spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Wow... Why do you think that is, Joe? So what is your diet like now?

When I eat like crap, and don't eat a balance of healthy carbs, protein and fruits/vegs, my body starts protesting. Also if I drink too much other stuff and not enough water.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I always thought you were on the brink of orthorexia, Joe.. I'm glad you're not. It's a horrible condition and far better mentally to be flexible with food as you are.

Honestly, Wired...You're only in your thirties..!! You should see the piles of washing up I have to do each day and I'm a wrinkly OAP!!
    Gawd no! I love a bit of junk food me!

I only preach it so much because my diet is 80% 'perfect'. If I start eating too much crap, I feel physically and mentally worse very quickly (in a matter of days), especially mentally. I'm pretty sure that if I only ate super healthy foods my mental health would suffer too!

I think junk food is ok for my stomach because it's so easy to digest, whereas a lot of whole food isn't.

I just keep a track of my minerals, vitamins and macros on chronometer but if I don't feel like doing that for a day or two I don't bother. We went to see friends yesterday for the first time in months and they laid out a load of stodge food in the garden. Sausage rolls, cheese, bread, pasta salad etc. I wasn't all fussy about it and just ate it. I ate a load of crap when I got home too but didn't record any of it because there wasn't any point, I knew I would be low on everything that day!

In terms of my 'normal' diet it's high healthy fat, as low carb as possible, 10-15 portions of fruit/veg a day (mostly veg), good quality protein and as much of it as organic as possible. Since I started eating that way I haven't been sick once, in 3 years. I get infections like colds etc, but I just feel them for 24 hours and carry on as normal. I also fast for 15-20 hours most days and almost never eat carbs in my first meal, especially bread etc.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information