Thread: Whats the purpose of a telephone medication review?

Whats the purpose of a telephone medication review?

Called pharmacy to get my repeat and the doctor called me immediately after telling me I need a telephone medication review before they can put them through.

I really hope they don't mix things around because my medications are stabalised now and I'm stable.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Re: Whats the purpose of a telephone medication review?

I have to have a medication review every year for my asthma medication. If I don’t have it they won’t issue any more repeat prescriptions. Is yours on repeat too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Called pharmacy to get my repeat and the doctor called me immediately after telling me I need a telephone medication review before they can put them through.

I really hope they don't mix things around because my medications are stabalised now and I'm stable.
    I don't know what prompted this, but given what you're on it seems sensible to regularly monitor your progress. I'd rather have a proactive GP than one who doesn't give a damn. If you're doing well then there'd be no reason to change things.

Yeah I'm on repeats. Every 5 weeks they do one with each of the meds. But I have no idea what the medication review was about because surgery called me, asked what I wanted and they put it to the pharmacy. Didn't ask me any questions. He asked if I was still taking them, I said yes. He asked how much diazepam I use I said some days 2 tablets, others 3, but never no more than prescribed amount.

And that was that. I was a bit worried they were going shake the tree again because things have been going well recently.

I've been on these meds over a year, and I don't know what a medication review is until now ... and I still don't really know because I don't feel like that was a review at all.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    And that was that. I was a bit worried they were going shake the tree again because things have been going well recently.
    I wouldn't have been surprised if they had. The medical profession can be far more inscrutable than the Chinese politburo at times.

I've been on these meds over a year, and I don't know what a medication review is until now ... and I still don't really know because I don't feel like that was a review at all.
    Imho, all meds/treatments should be reviewed at least annually. There are a lot of people still taking meds long after they are needed.

Thread Information