Hi everyone, it’s been a long time since I was last here. I’ve gone through the ALS fear twice before and both times I would consider to be some of the darkest points in my life. I’ve been pretty clear with my health anxiety for about a year and a half now. Until the last few days, it has appeared again to pull me back down.
About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting a cramping and pain in my left calf. I have no idea where it came from. It is possible I got it from exercising but I can’t figure that out for sure. It has been over 3 weeks now and I am still getting the camping in my half just as frequently now as I was then. It comes maybe every 10-20 minutes and comes whether I am active or resting.
Of course my stupid brain has jumped into worrying about the cramps being caused by ALS. I haven’t noticed any muscle weakness or atrophy.
I went to the doctors a week after having the cramp because they were worried it might be a blot clot as I have had last experiences with those. He felt my leg and told me it wasn’t a blood clot but gave me so explanation as to what it could be. Only a “hmm possibly an injury” but nothing else apart from that. I know I’m probably being stupid worrying a cramp could be ALS. But is it possible that it could be a form of muscle injury that is just showing in the form of cramping? Could it really last that long? Thanks again for your time guys. I really appreciate it.