Thread: Are leg/calf cramps a sign of ALS?

Are leg/calf cramps a sign of ALS?

Hi everyone, it’s been a long time since I was last here. I’ve gone through the ALS fear twice before and both times I would consider to be some of the darkest points in my life. I’ve been pretty clear with my health anxiety for about a year and a half now. Until the last few days, it has appeared again to pull me back down.
    About 3 weeks ago I noticed that I was getting a cramping and pain in my left calf. I have no idea where it came from. It is possible I got it from exercising but I can’t figure that out for sure. It has been over 3 weeks now and I am still getting the camping in my half just as frequently now as I was then. It comes maybe every 10-20 minutes and comes whether I am active or resting.
    Of course my stupid brain has jumped into worrying about the cramps being caused by ALS. I haven’t noticed any muscle weakness or atrophy.
    I went to the doctors a week after having the cramp because they were worried it might be a blot clot as I have had last experiences with those. He felt my leg and told me it wasn’t a blood clot but gave me so explanation as to what it could be. Only a “hmm possibly an injury” but nothing else apart from that. I know I’m probably being stupid worrying a cramp could be ALS. But is it possible that it could be a form of muscle injury that is just showing in the form of cramping? Could it really last that long? Thanks again for your time guys. I really appreciate it.

Re: Are leg/calf cramps a sign of ALS?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information