Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SIBO

Re: SIBO

A bit late to reply but I try and not visit these forums much, overall it seems to make my own issues mush worse rather than support them in a helpful way. at least this is how I'm feeling at the moment, which, like anything else in life, can and will change.
    I'm in my "having a break" period as such from these types of places, just my thoughts.

So if I don't turn up here you will need to understand that

Reading what you write suggests that much of what you know so far supports the need to try dietary changes as suggested with the FODMAP focus. There are apps for your phone as well as books etc for that.

If you need a colonoscopy then that will appease any anxieties you might have about that procedure, which is relatively simple. The blood for me was due to haemorrhoids bleeding, which were banded during the exam.

You will be fine, try and work with your partner as well and I wish you all the best with that.

Take care and try your very best to remain calm, and do NOT overread things, often Google is not your friend.

All the best

Re: SIBO

Hi again. Thanks for your reply and I totally understand with you taking a break from the site. I think if one is not in the best of places, visiting these types of forums can be more detrimental as opposed to beneficial.

The colonoscopy is a matter of protocol as the faecal calprotectin is raised and given my age - 49. The consultants PA is fantastic and said he worked with the professor who invented the test. He would not be concerned if the range was below 250, which mine is at 128. I’m not too concerned about colonoscopy just debating whether to have sedation or not. Had one 10 years ago with sedation but would prefer to be awake.

I have purchased a FODMAP book and will look at the apps.

I have sorted things with my mrs - thanks

Thanks again for you invaluable advice. Look after yourself, take things easy and I wish you peace of mind.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information