Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrible burning inside

Re: Horrible burning inside

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm still standing so hopefully nothing awful..I get loads of weird things happening to me but don't react to them ..or at least try to limit my response to them. I've no idea whether your symptoms were significant or not but I would have thought they would have been investigated further by A&E doctors if they were concerned?

I'm so sorry you are suffering, Mrs S...Has this scuppered your plans to get outside more? xx
    I have had more blood tests off my doctor l have a deficiency vit D and he also referred me for a holter monitor so waiting for that.

As for me going out l have managed to still try
    l've not gone far just small walks its scary but I'm not going to let this win thanks Pulisa, you are so strong I need to be more like you wishing you well xx

best wishes xx

Thanks Mrs S and I also hope that whatever your issue is it’s short lived, and you are back feeling a lot better. The burning is ever so strange though isn’t it. what I had was so powerful.

As you can see two of my posts have been deleted l haven't deleted them anyone know why or had this problem xx

Hi MightyPC yes its a very strange feeling let's hope it goes as quickly as it came hope you have a lovely day xx

best wishes xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    I have had more blood tests off my doctor l have a deficiency vit D and he also referred me for a holter monitor so waiting for that.

As for me going out l have managed to still try
    l've not gone far just small walks its scary but I'm not going to let this win thanks Pulisa, you are so strong I need to be more like you wishing you well xx

best wishes xx
    That's really good that you are still going out and working your way through your fear. You wouldn't want to be like me though-I think you reach a point where you don't care anymore so any symptoms have little long lasting effect or significance.

I hope you get some reassurance from the holter monitoring. I had one done ages ago which showed up loads of benign ectopics which are completely harmless. My son is having one fitted on Weds because he has a heart abnormality and is on beta blockers and ramipril for his BP-hopefully these meds will have improved the arrhythmia xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's really good that you are still going out and working your way through your fear. You wouldn't want to be like me though-I think you reach a point where you don't care anymore so any symptoms have little long lasting effect or significance.

I hope you get some reassurance from the holter monitoring. I had one done ages ago which showed up loads of benign ectopics which are completely harmless. My son is having one fitted on Weds because he has a heart abnormality and is on beta blockers and ramipril for his BP-hopefully these meds will have improved the arrhythmia xx
    That's good you got to that point l hope l get there where l can just go with the symptoms

l hope your son gets sorted out and feels better soon it's always a worry when its our kids l say we would rather it be us xx

best wishes xx

What a week l had, awful had to have a smear, not looking forward to it as you ladies know, the nurse took my blood pressure it was very high she took it again still high she said go in the waiting room wait 20 minutes l will take it again.

Well l went into full panic it was awful l couldn't calm down so when she took it again it was higher, she said I'm getting the doctor omg anxiety overload.

He told me l had to go hospital but l was upset l begged to go home, he said against his better judgement l could he gave me amlodipine and told me up my fluoxetine to 40mg and to go to hospital if l got worse, so day three taking extra meds feeling horrible anyone else experienced this, and how long will l feel shaky and weak for.

any advice would be welcomed thanks for reading xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    What a week l had, awful had to have a smear, not looking forward to it as you ladies know, the nurse took my blood pressure it was very high she took it again still high she said go in the waiting room wait 20 minutes l will take it again.

Well l went into full panic it was awful l couldn't calm down so when she took it again it was higher, she said I'm getting the doctor omg anxiety overload.
    Why on earth were they trying to take your blood pressure when you were having a panic attack?

how long will l feel shaky and weak for.
    Your body will be absolutely swimming in stress hormones and it takes a lot longer for them to settle down as it does to fire them out.

It's not the best idea to take a BP reading before a smear test as most women are anxious, and a higher reading will trigger a panic attack in someone who has an anxiety disorder.

I have experience of blood pressure readings triggering panic attacks.

From where I'm sitting, your nurse and GP need some basic training on how to cope with patients who have anxiety.

I had my smear a few weeks ago. No BP taking My heart raced, as it does, but there was no panic attack.

You're ok.

Absolutely incredible...but doesn't surprise me. Why on earth would they take a BP reading before a smear?

So sorry you have been put through this, Mrs S...and then to say go to hospital if you got "worse"..

Can you speak to an out of hours doc to explain what you have been told and to ask for some sensible advice? x

Thank you so much NoraB for your reply, she gave me my smear first them because I'm on cezrette they always take my blood pressure , but she new l was very anxious and panicking so l think she shouldn't of taken it,

it didn't help that they made me stay there for two hours all together l said this environment isn't helping me to calm down, its just left me physically and mentally drained the whole experience was not pleasant

thanks again take care xx

I agree! What a stupid thing to do, take someone's BP when they are already stressed, then stress them more by keeping them waiting in an already fear feeding place. Tut tut to the so called medical professionals.
    Mrs S, please don't overthink your health status.
    A similar thing happened to me at my GP surgery.
    I was waiting for sometime in the waiting room and becoming already anxious with a kid kicking the wooden slats of the seat. By the time I got to the Dr and sat down I was agitated and nervous. Then out come the gadget. Mr C came in with me and was talking about me to the Doc which annoyed me, so I was angry even further and the Doc let me talk back to Mr C while she was taking a reading. And you are not supposed to speak when you are having a reading. And being aware of her shocked stare I made things worse by trying to do slow breathing by holding an intake of breathe which upped it even further because I didn't get to release the breathe in time.
    Also bearing in mind I'd had little sleep and rest from caring from my Partner's mum, my mum and Mr C.
    Then you get, "your BP reading is high you need to watch that.
    Then on the way out I noticed a do it yourself machine so thought I'd double check and it gave me my normal reading.
    But this became an obsession and as my mum had a machine for daily readings I thought I'd check me too. 'Too' becoming the prime word. Too much checking.
    Then Christmas Day. I ask you? What idiot would check themselves on Christmas Day? Me!
    Well it was high of course, so made it worse by doing some exercises and then it was really high. Of course it was I'd just been exercising. But it ended up in a PA and an early night.
    I was absolutely fine the next day and vowed to stop using the machine.
    I do worry from time to time, but I worry about dozens of other things as well.
    Sorry Mrs S I've been going on a bit, but I wanted you to realise that your experience was not under normal circumstances and you should not put more worry on yourself over this.
    Some good relaxation is what you need xx

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information