Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Horrible burning inside

Re: Horrible burning inside

Thank you Carnation l don't think for one minute you're going on you always help me and you'll never know how much l appreciate each and everyone who takes time out to give advice and help,

l have to take readings at home for the next two weeks problem now l can't calm down when l take it I'm going into panic and don't know how to stop it 🙄l just want to feel well and normal again xx

take care Carnation xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Thank you Carnation l don't think for one minute you're going on you always help me and you'll never know how much l appreciate each and everyone who takes time out to give advice and help,

l have to take readings at home for the next two weeks problem now l can't calm down when l take it I'm going into panic and don't know how to stop it 🙄l just want to feel well and normal again xx

take care Carnation xx
    Ah bless you Mrs Stress Ed, what an awful time you’re going through, for me smear test = stress = panic its only natural to feel like this i think. I understand how you feel & that you just want to feel well & normal again, i feel exactly the same, everyday there’s an unexplained feeling or pain in my throat & now its moved to my mouth as well, just so worn out & sick of it, can’t see dr or dentist so diagnosing myself (bad move) just want to think normal thoughts & not have this terrible sense of dread hanging over me, i know covid isn’t helping. Sorry i can’t be of more help but just wanted you to know i’m thinking of you. Take care & hope you can have a nice evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsmum View Post
    Ah bless you Mrs Stress Ed, what an awful time you’re going through, for me smear test = stress = panic its only natural to feel like this i think. I understand how you feel & that you just want to feel well & normal again, i feel exactly the same, everyday there’s an unexplained feeling or pain in my throat & now its moved to my mouth as well, just so worn out & sick of it, can’t see dr or dentist so diagnosing myself (bad move) just want to think normal thoughts & not have this terrible sense of dread hanging over me, i know covid isn’t helping. Sorry i can’t be of more help but just wanted you to know i’m thinking of you. Take care & hope you can have a nice evening.
    oh bless you you are helping by just being there and being so kind, I'm sorry how you are feeling too l know you've been struggling l totally understand you we have to much time to sit and think things then it manifests,

l just need to get back to normal whatever normal is now l hope you can get some peace to thanks for your very kind reply Redsmum as l know your not good yourself at the moment bless you and take care xx l'm always here for a chat xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Absolutely incredible...but doesn't surprise me. Why on earth would they take a BP reading before a smear?

So sorry you have been put through this, Mrs S...and then to say go to hospital if you got "worse"..

Can you speak to an out of hours doc to explain what you have been told and to ask for some sensible advice? x
    Thank you as always Pulisa sorry l didn't see you had replied so sorry, l know silly really I'm at home feeling very weak and wobbly but I'm not going to let it beat me xx how are you Pulisa and your family hope you're all well xx

Mrs S, can you take the reading after watching something relaxing on tv. Or listen to some calming music before you do it.
    Lol, I used to take it after cooking dinner or making a bed or something stupidly fuelling.
    I wouldn't recommend that.
    Do you know what your reading was at the Docs?
    I understand if you don't want to say. xx

BP home monitoring is bound to give you anxiety at the best of times..It's such an unnatural thing to have to do..I don't have any advice other than to try to treat it as a routine annoying procedure which your doctor has asked you to do and which is a pain but not an alarming threat? Record the readings but don't overthink the significance if they are higher than normal? The more used you get to recording them the less of a fear they may become as the days pass..?xxx

Thats a good idea Carnation l will try that xx my reading was 200/133 very high even writing makes me think gosh thats high, but I am resting and taking my amlodipine so lets hope the doctor rang me the next morning it had dropped to 123/ 98 so hopefully it will go back to normal range xx

hope your well Carnation xx

Mrs S, although you had a high reading at the Docs, I know many people that have had that reading and more. So please don't fret about anything nasty.
    Let's face it having a smear is a terrifying ordeal for a woman. It's hardly surprising you had a high reaction.
    Did the Doc mention diet and gentle exercise like walking?
    The diet is the normal spiel like more fruit and veg oats and brown / granary bread. Laying off any fatty foods.
    That reading you got the next day is fantastic!!!
    I'll say that again so you hear it loud and clear.
    Your reading was fantastic!!!!
    And it seems your experience was a hyper one so nothing to worry about under normal circumstances.
    I can understand how this would leave you feeling anxious and frightened and in my opinion it should never have been taken pre or after a smear.
    As time goes on and you get more comforting readings, that day will fade and you'll put it down to being purely 'shit scared'!!
    You'll be fine Mrs S xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    BP home monitoring is bound to give you anxiety at the best of times..It's such an unnatural thing to have to do..I don't have any advice other than to try to treat it as a routine annoying procedure which your doctor has asked you to do and which is a pain but not an alarming threat? Record the readings but don't overthink the significance if they are higher than normal? The more used you get to recording them the less of a fear they may become as the days pass..?xxx
    You are so right Pulisa it's not the norm but as you say l will get use to doing it, l will try my best not too got into panic if it's high thanks Pulisa xx

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Mrs S, although you had a high reading at the Docs, I know many people that have had that reading and more. So please don't fret about anything nasty.
    Let's face it having a smear is a terrifying ordeal for a woman. It's hardly surprising you had a high reaction.
    Did the Doc mention diet and gentle exercise like walking?
    The diet is the normal spiel like more fruit and veg oats and brown / granary bread. Laying off any fatty foods.
    That reading you got the next day is fantastic!!!
    I'll say that again so you hear it loud and clear.
    Your reading was fantastic!!!!
    And it seems your experience was a hyper one so nothing to worry about under normal circumstances.
    I can understand how this would leave you feeling anxious and frightened and in my opinion it should never have been taken pre or after a smear.
    As time goes on and you get more comforting readings, that day will fade and you'll put it down to being purely 'shit scared'!!
    You'll be fine Mrs S xx
    l hope so Carnation l really do my mind has been racing, l am doing my best to stay calm and try and have a better diet,because l have been eating rubbish l know l have comfort eating xx thanks Carnation xx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information