Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Wee Problem..

A Wee Problem..

I've got such a lot going on at home at the moment so the last thing I need is pet problems..However Hubert my 21 month old guinea pig has had 2 courses of UTI specific antibiotics and has just started up with more symptoms so I will be taking him in for an x ray/ultrasound hopefully tomorrow to check for the dreaded bladder stones...

The idea of nursing him through the op plus days of syringe feeding round the clock whilst dealing with my other commitments fills me with dread! Please keep your fingers crossed that it's an irritable bladder/interstitial cystitis which doesn't need surgery!! If it's a stone then he'll have the op but urghhh...Couldn't have come at a worse time. He's a precious pig so he'll get the best treatment but ..just wish it wasn't happening!

Sorry for the moan..I hate my pets being under the weather but know it's all part of being a responsible owner.

Re: A Wee Problem..

Moan away! It’s rough when our furry family is under the weather, especially when added to everything else!
    When I’ve had issues the veterinary assistants have been happy to take over the care in the immediate time following the procedure. Is there any way you could ask them if they offer any further assistance, it may be cost prohibitive but it might give an extra option for the future if needed.

Fingers crossed that it doesn’t come to it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Poor Hubert! The very last thing you need.... I do hope it is not a stone. Let us know..... fingers and toes crossed

Oh us animal lovers totally get it Pulisa l hope little Hubert is okay l really do sending him Guinea pig hugs 🤗

Get well soon Hubert x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The poor little lad. I hope it turns out to be something that can be more easily treated than surgery. Hubert will no doubt love being syringed and all the extra attention from his mum I hope he's not in pain.

If it does happen you know the work involved and you will get it done because that's just you. Be remember to try to get some time to relax & recharge yourself as you have so much on your plate.

I think with pets they depend on us so much even though they are very tough really and will get on with life despite pain. But it's always hard to know how they feel and whether we are doing the right things when they can't tell us in words. But they do tell us in different ways so we can try to help them.

Poor Hubert. I love guinea pigs.

Poor Hubert! I hope he's able to make a swift recovery.

Seconding what others have said, though, please make time for your own needs, too?

Thank you so much everyone! I'll be ringing at 8am to get the xray done this morning, I hope..Having said that it's Monday so no doubt they will be snowed under..

I do have metacam for pain relief so can keep him comfortable but I'd just like to know if there is in fact a stone now..It all started on June 20th and I know UTIs can be resistant but....?? I know how stones can be a common problem despite following all the dietary recommendations and filtering the water etc etc..

Am taking him in at 945 am..Will update later! Fingers crossed!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information