Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thumb twitching

Thumb twitching

About 2 weeks ago i developed a thumb twitch in my dominant hand. For the first few days it was relentless. And it has since slowed down. If i clench my thumb and finger together it makes the twitch happen. I made the mistake of googling. And finding ALS as a cause. I have convinced myself my hand now doesn't function like it used to. I believe cause i am hyperfocused on it. I have cut out all caffeine for a week, upped my water intake, proper sleep, vitamins.. etc and had false hope it would go away. Im on a bad rabbit hole for fear of ALS. How long is too long for a twitch? Should i be afraid of it being ALS... its ruining my life.

Re: Thumb twitching

My husband and I have competitions with how long our twitches last, if I get one in my eye or hand he knows he’s lost! I have had them for easily a month before, but normally they can be a couple of weeks.

Everyone gets twitches, his are fun to watch because they are super visible. Most of mine (other than hands and eyes - those are funny) aren’t that spectacular but last an age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thumb twitching is completely normal with anxiety.

It's the Googling that's 'ruining your life', not the twitch

I’ve got this at the moment, but I have also had it in the past and it has always gone eventually. I think it might be caused by over use or stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by pb View Post
    I’ve got this at the moment, but I have also had it in the past and it has always gone eventually. I think it might be caused by over use or stretching.
    I was just out in bright sunlight and could see tiny ones happening that i couldnt even feel... that has really freaked me out. I am in a bad spiral.

I was just out in the bright sunlight and could see tons of little ones happening that i couldnt feel. Now im really freaking out and in a bad spiral. I hate HA .

My thumb twitches all the time.

Its the ones i cant feel but can see in super bright light that are now concerning me. I must of read somewhere that ALS ones.. sometimes are unseen until a light is on them

Do you think there is a time frame where i should be concerned of how long it goes for? It flared back up yesterday really bad. So easily 3 weeks now

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    My husband and I have competitions with how long our twitches last, if I get one in my eye or hand he knows he’s lost! I have had them for easily a month before, but normally they can be a couple of weeks.

Everyone gets twitches, his are fun to watch because they are super visible. Most of mine (other than hands and eyes - those are funny) aren’t that spectacular but last an age!
    What an amazing attitude! I love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information