Thread: IBC FEAR.

IBC FEAR.

Hi I am new here and is suffering from health anxiety to the point where I can barely function.
    I am 33 and have had OCD for over 10 years. Almost 3 months I noticed a spot on my right breast. Almost like a bruise. I usually don't think anything of it because I usually pick at the pores on my chest( I have very large pores). Of course the first thing that popped up was IBC and ever since then I have been living in hell. It turned into a rash so after 2 weeks I made an appointment with my GP. I even started getting it on the left breast. She said it look like heat rash. She even called in an other doctor who had more experience with IBC and she said it is not a IBC rash. To ease my mind she ordered a mammogram and ultrasound. Both came back normal. Then I realized that IBC does not show up on those. So I made an appointment with a dermatologist. The minute she say my breast she said they were Telangiectasia. She said no way is it IBC. This was in June.
    The rash has gone away but of course both breast still have the Telangiectasia. I just can't stop thinking I have IBC. I have been experiencing pain off and on my right breast. When I put my bra on it hurts it and kind of gives a burning sensation. I also have 15 pounds. It has gotten so bad that I have made my husband check my breast multiple times a day to see if there is anything. I know he gets frustrated cause he will tell me he doesn't see anything or feel anything but I can't let it go. I know my doctor won't give me a biopsy. She said she won't put me through that cause I have talked to her twice since that appointment. I am just sooo scared its IBC and that I am going to die. I haven't stopped crying. When is it OK to believe the doctors? I so scared we are going to find it too late. I don't have redness, swelling, orange peel, or nipple invert just pain at the moment. This has been going on for 3 months. I am suppose to see a therapist this week but I am just soo scared I have it..sorry so long..I just so scared.

Re: IBC FEAR.

Stay strong. Seeing the therapist will help.

IBC presents very distinctively and multiple experts wouldn't miss it.

I went through an IBC fear last year as well. I can completely understand why you’re so scared as IBC is a scary one. Here is the important thing though: it doesn’t just come and go. Once the rash is there it spreads. Second, you’ve got the all clear from various medical professionals. Third, it would be completely unheard of for IBC to progress this slowly. Most women that have it claim changes overnight to within a month. You don’t have IBC.

I have a horrible rash on my chest as well btw, so I have some experience

Sorry for the late response. Thank you guys for replying. I was doing okay for a little awhile, but has not let up. I even went and saw the dermatologist again, because my right breast still sometimes has that burning feeling .Mostly if im wearing a bra. She told me there is nothing she sees. She said she couldn't even give me a biopsy because there is nothing to take. I just wish I knew what was causing just the right one to give me problems. Its not swollen, red or anything. We did count about 10 skins around my right breast but none on the left. I still make my husband check. I feel like i see something but no one else does. I did see the therapist but can't get back anytime soon because we found out my whole house has covid. So we are all sick and is just making my anxiety worse. Should I make another appointment with my GP? Any advice? I mean after 4 months there should be more symptoms then just pain that isn't there all the time? I wish I could make it click. I did stop googling and haven't googled in over a month. I just want to be able to breathe again.. Thanks again for listening.
    Last edited by ALF0309; 25-08-20 at 06:34.

Thread Information