Thread: Minor Ankle Injury Really Slow to Heal

Minor Ankle Injury Really Slow to Heal

A couple of months ago I was doing some push mowing on a minor slope like I've done many times before. I had no issues at first, but about 30 minutes later my ankle started hurting. I limped around the rest of the day and it was super sensitive to touch. Even bed sheets hurt. I wrapped it up for a few days and about a week later forgot about it, unless something grazed it and it hurt a little.

About a month ago it started hurting again, but this has been a slower rebound. I've had to buy a brace to support it and the bone is still sensitive if I push in. It's better today than it was, but I still have to be really careful with it and always keep the brace on unless I'm walking around the house.

One positive is there has been zero swelling and I've felt all over it and cannot fell anything off, but I just don't understand why it's so slow to heal and why the bone is so sensitive without me having really hurt it. My HA wants to worry about bone cancer, but I know that's supposed to be rare in mid 30s...

Re: Minor Ankle Injury Really Slow to Heal

Ankles are sensitive things and muscular pain is the last thing to heal, frankly I’ve healed broken bones quicker than muscle injuries, especially on constant moving/weight baring parts. It can be worth a chat with a doctor to see what sort of time line you can expect. Also if they have any suggestions to aid your healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Minor Ankle Injury Really Slow to Heal

Bone cancer isn't rare in your mid 30s, it's rare in EVERYONE. I broke my ankle in 2014 and it still hurts now and again, for which I'm getting physiotherapy for. Ankles, elbows and knees are really sensitive because a lot of strain goes on those joints. Bone cancer is one of the last things I would be concerned about!

I hope you feel better soon,

Anxiouscow

Thread Information