Thread: Neck tightness and tender area

Neck tightness and tender area

Ok, I'm trying to keep my HA in check.
    I've had a tightness in the front right of my neck if I lift my chin up & to the opposite direction. (It doesnt start feeling tight until it's pretty far back. Left side doesnt feel this way when I do the opposite.
    Anyhow, I think it's getting better overall. Had attributed it to a TMJ issue i was also having.
    Anyhow, theres a tender spot if I press down next to throat, above thyroid gland. If I just run my hand across it it's not tender, I have to push down. After that discovery I investigated. Are there normally things you can feel along your esophagus? It doesnt hurt when I swallow & I dont think I have any swollen lymph gland, trying not to prod too much. Could I be feeling a a tight muscle ligament? It's definitely more prominent on the right side. And it's where I can feel my pulse.

I have no headaches or numbness or pain in arm or chest, I already googled & ruling out an artery issue.

Re: Neck tightness and tender area

Ok....

First off, you're performing a self checking behavior and maneuver that most people never do or get close to doing in their everyday lives, and you're poking and prodding to the point you're causing yourself pain. Again, a behavior and maneuver that most people never do in their every day lives. Don't you think that you just might get an adverse reaction doing such things and the cause of the symptoms you're experiencing?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I know you are right. I wish I had stopped myself, because now I "feel" it & it's in my thoughts. I'm going to stop checking & try to be logical. My husband said about the same thing as you. I always tell myself logically if something were going on I'd have more obvious symptoms, but then the other part of me worries I may miss something.
    I appreciate your response, thank you.

And now my neck hurts without touching it. I think I did this to myself 😞

The pain is gone, praise God. I really thought I had ended up really bruising something by my prodding. I have learned a lesson though, thankfully. IM NOT POKING AROUND MY NECK AGAIN!
    I'm only updating to try and help someone else, you could potentially cause yourself more stress (and pain) by investigating things too much.
    Thank you Fishmanpa for the logic I needed. Sometimes hearing the obvious from someone on the outside helps. You are an asset to this group!

Thread Information