Thread: Soft stools for months

Soft stools for months

Has anyone ever had soft stools that goes on for months?
    For a couple of months now my stools have been soft every day. It's not diarrhea, but sometimes it isn't far off it. I know anxiety can effect this and my anxiety has been high for months now, but can it really go on for months?
    I said it to my doctor last week when I was in with her and she said it was fine, as long as it's not diarrhea.
    It seems to have gotten a bit worse the last few weeks but I did start taking anxiety meds a few weeks ago. I thought constipation would be more of a side effect from the meds but I don't know if it's just a combination now of the meds and anxiety.
    And I don't suffer from IBS, before people say that their ibs can cause this for months on end.

Re: Soft stools for months

I do t think I have ibs either, I think I just get anxiety tummy and it can go either way.
    I don’t tend to pay too much attention to my bowel movements really - but I was really anxious a few weeks ago and they were definitely softer. It may be to do with what you are eating too? Try to eat some fibre to bulk up a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply Scass.
    I said it to my doctor about 2 weeks ago and she said soft stools is fine, as long as it's not diarrhoea. But for about the past 2 weeks I had a diarrhoea type consistency in my bowel movements. It's not complete diarrhoea but it's as if there's a bit of it mixed in with my already soft stool. This is really starting to concern me now but I'm hoping it's the medication is causing it.
    About 2 weeks ago I started taking Valdoxen 25mg and its about the same time as the diarrhoea consistency started. I'm going back to the doctor next week so I'll say it to her then.
    Surely it's possible for some meds to do things like this to our bowel movements?

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Surely it's possible for some meds to do things like this to our bowel movements?
    Ask many a person who takes metformin: I have to take the slow-release version as well but still I get it.

Thread Information