Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sinus Infection, concerned about coughing blood

Re: Sinus Infection, concerned about coughing blood

Yeah, there are lots of tiny blood vessels near the surface so the force and repetitive coughing/sneezing can just end up bursting them, Carnation. You've had it before so it's likely just more of the same.

The time to worry with blood is when it's an abnormal amount. If you were coughing up spoonfuls of the stuff then something needs investigating. But specks are nothing.

I hope you feel better soon. I have always hated hayfever season. I'm pretty lucky these days as it doesn't affect me much now but years ago I used to wish June away every year!

Thank you glassgirlw x
    Good to hear from you, hope you are ok.

Thank you Terry x
    Yes, I have had the blood thing before and obviously the sinus issue is ongoing. But probably because my anxiety is up and we have a Covid situation, I seem far more concerned. Not because I think I have the virus, but a normal query to a doctor is now a scary situation.
    Also any sign of blood is a worry. Where is it coming from, will there be more, am I in danger. If it was coming from my nose I wouldn't be so concerned, but it's when I have a severe bout of coughing.
    And now acid reflux has joined in as well.
    I feel like my insides are taking a bashing and I don't think I want to know what it looks like.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information