Thread: Latest worry, could do with advice please

Latest worry, could do with advice please

For the last two weeks as I’ve been trying to sleep I’ve had such a surge of anxiety that I’m going to die in my sleep. I have no idea where this has come from, when my HA was bad a few years ago I had the same feeling a couple of times and the same earlier this year, but it’s now been consistent for around two weeks.

I’ve been incredibly anxious the past few weeks and struggling with the physical symptoms - which include heart palpitations and a tight chest - and I worry I have an undiagnosed heart condition or something.

I’ve never had any tests done on my heart and any posts I’ve read on here about something similar seem to be reassured by the fact they’ve had a test. I have no idea what symptoms you would even have as I haven’t googled anything but it’s causing me to worry a great deal. Before this all my health anxiety would revolve around cancer or a terminal illness, not dying suddenly. It’s also causing me issues going out and doing anything as I’m so worried about something happening when I’m out too.

Does anyone have any tips to overcome the thoughts? I am 28 and fairly fit and healthy so I do know it’s unlikely, but as always it’s hard to rationalise when you’re in the throes of anxiety 😞

Re: Latest worry, could do with advice please

Personally I've always considered people who die in their sleep the lucky ones! I can't think of a better way to go than being completely oblivious of it.

However, given that I'm sure you'd rather live a long and happy life, if you're a 28 year old who's relatively fit, it's extremely unlikely to happen to you. A small number of people are unlucky enough to have congenital issues that can occasionally be fatal in their youth, but there's no reason why this should be you. You have to rationalise that it's very unlikely. Even unhealthy people usually don't drop dead at 28. It might be a good idea to work your thoughts through with a therapist, though.

Thread Information