Thread: It's Been a While...

It's Been a While...

Hi everyone,

So the last time I was a regular visitor to these forums, I'd gone through some pretty serious anxiety, made a strong recovery, then fallen down again. It's almost three years ago since my recovery faltered and I had to do it all again. I convinced myself I was heading for an MS diagnosis and ended up having a tests and regular doctor visits. Obviously I didn't have it, but there you go.

Anyway, I got more therapy and got back on the sertraline and, same as the first time, once the meds really kicked in, I climbed out of it very quickly. In the last two-and-a-bit years, I've moved back to Northern Ireland, got my old job back, rented a place and just generally put my laugh back on track. I've been learning a new language, had some great overseas trips (on my own, as it happens), and generally left all of that misery behind me. I began a taper off the sertraline again about a year ago, which the doctor wasn't sure about, but I knew inside was the right thing to do. I want to function through my own inner strength and self-belief, and I will. I am doing.

So yeah, things are going well. Work has been precarious for all manner of reason, but I still have my job and I got my finances sorted out after ending up in debt while ill. All I need now is someone to share life with, which is turns out is the hardest thing of all to find!

Hope everyone is doing their best and staying positive.

Re: It's Been a While...

This is almost sounding like a romantic personal want ad, SE

Seriously though, good to hear you're doing so well and things are back on track. I hope others can gather some inspiration from your story.

I always knew that you'd get there! You'll find your life partner when you least expect it! So good to hear that you're back on track and doing so well.

You went from 404 to 200. Let's see if you get

Good to hear you're doing well!

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Hey SE!

Great to see you're alive and kicking. And it sounds like you're doing alright. Thanks for the update.

N.

Thread Information