Thread: Positive fit test, with high level of blood, can’t cope !!!

Positive fit test, with high level of blood, can’t cope !!!

The doctor just called to say I have high levels of blood in my stool and the surgeon from a hospital will be calling me soon. I feel like I can’t cope, my anxiety is so high right now. I can’t eat drink or think.

Re: Positive fit test, with high level of blood, can’t cope !!!

But you are naturally assuming the worst scenario. And there are many more minor ones to consider. I’d probably be the same.....but that’s because we are both HA sufferers. With a cooler more detached head, you’d be able to see the bigger picture.

X

It can be so many other things than what you're thinking. I know it is hard, but you will be ok. I know someone who had the same, and they are fine.

@Forestgirl and @nicole0134 I’m in such a state of panic I barely slept yesterday. I have been seeing blood in my stool for such a long time now. But to know that the fit test was positive is sending me over the edge. I don’t know how fit test actually work, I mean does it mean the higher the level of blood the more likely it is something sinister? Honestly petrified.

I'm not surprised you are frightened - you have a lot of questions and have been left for a test result but no possibilities of causes, so your mind is going haywire. Often doctors call us with these results and we are a bit struck dumb at the time of getting them, then the fear and questions start appearing once we are off the phone. Why not ask for a call back from your GP and have an honest conversation about your fears ?
    Last edited by Carys; 30-07-20 at 13:27.

What Carys said is a great idea, please do it as it will really help to talk it over with someone who understands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Carys & @Scass the sad thing is I receptionists had told me the result. I was absolutely dumbfounded so I start crying and freaking out. Today I’ve called the surgery asking if the doctor could go through my result with me and I am still waiting for the call, almost 4 in the afternoon.

Oh my word - the receptionist ?!!? Thats not on really is it. I'm glad at least you have requested a call back - let us know if and when you get a response!

Thread Information