Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
The big challenge is keeping to this when life gets rough and with a wife who has so many ailments
Just focus on getting your exercise in. Diets and change in food habbits are hard. A lot of people slip up and think "omg I failed there's no point in doing this". That's just perspective. In reality exercising daily, and eating what you want is better than failing and giving up on exercise.

Give yourself 30 minutes a day, you deserve that even if you have other issues in life to attend to.

There's no need to start again. You're on the journey. Sometimes you fall over. Sometimes you think you've fell over even when you haven't. Keep the focus on the exercise and less on the food (unless medical advice differs). My brother has done keto so many times I've lost count. He'll then quickly slip backwards and give up on the gym. It's a constant cycle for him and I've tried with all my might to give him the advice I learned in prison.

You know, in prison they have a football team (and a rugby team in another). The players are offered no special treatment for playing in the team except they get to train. No special food, or no extra food. You're limited to prison garbage (and it really was that; except on Saturdays we had a fried breakfast which was amazing. If you smoked you got to trade a cigarette for an entire breakfast).

But, these folks who played on the pitch against real outside teams were fit. Their endurance was that of Sunday league players. Pretty fit. A handful were lifers been in jail a very long time. Their physique and endurance was peak. And that taught me one thing ... the majority of it is in your brain. Locked in a tiny cell for 23 hours a day with limited (if any) gym access. You make do with what you have and most of it is body weight.

Tuna, sardines and noodles were available on the cantine. We'd mix them together and get them down. They provided protein and calories.

I have zero focus on food anymore. I let the science keep talking; but what I've seen with my own eyes contradicts science.

Rambling on now sorry. Just keep going.