Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Problems...

Lady Problems...

Hey again!
    so, this is something I’m not super anxious about (a true shock to me) but I do still wanna ask for some experiences.

I’m currently having my period, however, before I started yesterday, I had noticed what feels like a little bump on my labia. I did totally freak out when I saw it, knowing of some stories of vulva cancer starting as a little bump, but today I’m mostly just curious. A bit awkward going into detail, but it’s a little bit above my labia minora, sort of in the creased bits. I have to prod around for a bit to find it, and it feels really small: if I sort of pull back the labia majora for a better view, I lose track of it and can’t find it as easily. It feels sort of under the skin, and if I press on it, it doesn’t feel hard or anything. I tried to look with a hand mirror for any sort of pimple or something as I’ve had a few pop up before, but I didn’t see anything noticeable? I do have some fordyce spots so I’m kind of wondering if one is swollen and just isn’t super visible/hasn’t come to a head yet? I don’t think I’ve had it long, or it’s just normal for my body and I didn’t notice. It doesn’t really hurt or itch, but I did definitely irritate it last night when I was checking it out. I plan to just keep an eye on it, and assume it’ll go down soon, but I’d appreciate any shared experiences or comforting words

Re: Lady Problems...

It's probably a Bartholin's cyst. Look it up. Extremely common and harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    It's probably a Bartholin's cyst. Look it up. Extremely common and harmless.
    Oh, I thought those were only around the opening? This is kinda higher up, a bit above the clitoral hood, I guess is where I’d describe it. I was wondering if it was some sort of cyst due to sweat/tight clothes.

Oh, probably and ingrown hair then.

My fiancé also suggested an ingrown hair, but it’s not really where my hair is so I’m not too sure. I took another look and it does look like it might have a head forming, or it’s one of the fordyce spots that got inflamed. It’s definitely under the skin, though, and doesn’t feel very deep under. It’s been off and on itchy too!

I hate to admit it, but my anxiety about it did a 180 again. I’m back to the fear of vulva cancer. I hate this!
    Last edited by aloy-; 30-07-20 at 06:53.

100% some sort of cyst or blocked follicle. They're really common and you can get them pretty much anywhere. I've had one before that took over a month to start going down.

I'd say go to the doctor if it's no smaller in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by O_O View Post
    100% some sort of cyst or blocked follicle. They're really common and you can get them pretty much anywhere. I've had one before that took over a month to start going down.

I'd say go to the doctor if it's no smaller in a month.
    thank you! It’s already pretty small, even smaller than a baby pea. so I’m hoping it’ll be gone in a few days or a week lol. Not sure how long it’s been there though. It’s so frustrating getting things like that in the worst place, everything seems so much harder to monitor!
    Last edited by aloy-; 30-07-20 at 15:07.

Having a panic again....
    tried to confirm with my mom I’ve had the hpv vaccine. Turns out I haven’t �� now I’m freaking out thinking it could be worse. I had a pap smear earlier this year, and everything was fine. I’ve only had two sexual partners before my fiancé: one I used condoms with (aside from oral/hand things ��) and one was nothing more than second base. I feel so anxious now, just had a bit of a breakdown to my fiancé about my panic. I just wish it’d poof away overnight. It still feels the same as it did, feels kind of itchy again (I think from me checking it out again) and only really hurts if I try to get a hold on it to see if it has a head to pop.

Another update, had a shower tonight and it feels a little bigger/more irritated. Took another look, and I am definitely making out the bump and head a bit more. Fiancé also said it looks like a pimple. I’m feeling more calm again, but now I just want it to go away! I’m planning to put some warm rags on it tomorrow, and am gonna resist the urge to try and pop it anymore, but does anyone have any other suggestions for how to get rid of it fast?

I was really excited yesterday because it felt like it wasn’t there anymore, but today it feels a liiittle smaller, but more dense/hard than it did. Just want it to go away!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information