Thread: Swollen Node - Shrinks and Returns

Unhappy Swollen Node - Shrinks and Returns

Hi there,

This post is not actually for me, rather my girlfriend - I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar to what she is:

For the past 1+ month, she's had swollen occipital nodes (back of the head) that were most likely related to her scalp dermatitis (as confirmed by her doctor) and irritation related to the scalp. For the most part, they have shrunk and disappeared, in addition to her symptoms of dermatitis.

At around the same time, another swollen lymph node (posterior cervical) near towards the back end of her neck, a few inches below the ear, appeared. Again, this appeared around the same time about a month ago as her swollen occipital nodes. When it first appeared, it was very large, but after a week it all but disappeared. Since it disappeared, it has reappeared, only to again disappear, and then reappear. However, when it's reappeared it has never been as large as it originally was when we first noticed it. It also seems to appear along with the appearance of the occipital node it's closest to.

She did have a virtual appointment with her doctor who said the posterior cervical node swelling is likely related to allergies, or something related. It seems this particular node and the occipital node closest to it seem to appear and disappear around the same time. So it has not gotten worse and there are no other symptoms she's experiencing, and it's not painful.

Has anyone experienced something similar or have any insight as to what it could be? I'm trying not think the worst (we all know what the worst is in this case) but it's just a tad bit concerning as it seems to appear, disappear, appear

Thanks

Re: Swollen Node - Shrinks and Returns

Cancer is an uncontrollable growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information