Thread: Belching and nausea, really freaked out that I have stomach cancer or something

Belching and nausea, really freaked out that I have stomach cancer or something

For the past few days I’ve been belching up acid and intensely nauseated. I’m really worried it’s cancer or something. My doctor says it’s acid reflex but I may need more tests if it doesn’t go away. I was prescribed nexium.

Re: Belching and nausea, really freaked out that I have stomach cancer or something

Why not try taking the nexium first before you move onto cancer territory for a routine acid reflux problem?

Re: Belching and nausea, really freaked out that I have stomach cancer or something

I’ve been belching,spewing and farting for over a week I take Somac for GERD you have not got the big C.

Nexium is a great medicine for acid reflux, it should help if that is what the problem is.

Try to turn the IF it is C into IF its not C. Its highly unlikely and I think you should take your doctors word for it, you have done the hard bit by seeing your doctor, now its time to ease the stress. Tummy/acid issues can be quite severe in nature so try not to worry and see if the Nexium makes a difference, even if it only helps a bit. I hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpt View Post
    For the past few days I’ve been belching up acid and intensely nauseated. I’m really worried it’s cancer or something. My doctor says it’s acid reflex but I may need more tests if it doesn’t go away. I was prescribed nexium.
    That’s the route the take. Prescribe nexium for a couple of weeks or more & then move forward if that doesn’t help.
    Gaviscon helped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I've posted this a lot but look at the FODMAP diet in addition to the PPI. Keep a food diary, what foods trigger a reaction and avoid/eliminate them from your diet. Follow the advice and hints. One of the biggest is not to eat late. My wife and I rarely eat anything after 6pm. At most a light snack or dessert after dinner. While meds help, its also about adjusting your diet to help the med.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information