Hi
I am new here. I would really appreciate anyone's opinion of this. In the past I have had times when I was anxious but not enough to need medical help. However for the last 4-5 months I have had breathing issues. They are mild-I'm not gasping for breath but they are there every day and they really worry me. I have seen my GP and I went to A&E. I have had a chest xray, ecg and blood tests. The doctors have said they can see no issue but they haven't said what is causing it. Because I feel very anxious about it I started CBT. Now I don't feel as anxious about it but it is still there. The therapist says the breathing sensation is anxiety. In the past my usual symptoms of anxiety would have been butterflies in my tummy or a racing heart and it would happen every now and then but I have a difficulty accepting that this breathing sensation is anxiety because it is there all the time and has been for 4-5 months now. It is really getting in the way of my recovery. I would love to hear from someone who has felt like this as consistently as I have for months on end. Even better if that person has recovered and the symptoms have gone away.
This is how I feel:
as if my windpipe is just a little narrower than it was
tight chest
tight back
when I breathe in I feel like I 70% fill my lungs rather than 100%
sometimes my throat and chest feel a little burny

Is this anxiety?
Thanks for reading this