Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Re: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

@NoMorePanic I hope not, but like I said to my boyfriend he doesn’t have microscopes for eyes so he can’t know if there’s cancerous changes by looking even if he is a top surgeon :( that’s what worries me

They know what they are looking for and can spot a polyp that looks anything suspicious.

You need to just put this behind you for now as the stress is not good for your health.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m really struggling to be honest :( I’m seeing my counsellor on Tuesday for the first time since lockdown so that will be good. I just don’t know why I can’t get rid of this :’( so do you think if he was AT ALL worried or not sure, he would have said so? And not said he doesn’t think it’s cancerous? My friend at work said he would have said something like ‘we’ll have to wait for the results and then go from there’ which makes sense I suppose. But I asked him directly and he said no. And then the nurse came in with my discharge papers and said ‘he doesn’t foresee a problem’ and I’m pretty sure I probably asked again but I can’t remember 100%

Yes they would have told you but please try to stop questioning it all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Champagnebox View Post
    I’m only 25 though, I did ask if it was bad to have polyps at 25 and he said no but the internet says different :’( I just tried ringing my drs but they don’t have to results yet :( maybe I imagined him saying he didn’t think it was cancerous, I wasn’t sedated or anything but if I’m in a state I sometimes forget things :( but then the nurse came in after with my discharge paperwork and said ‘he doesn’t foresee any problems with the polyp’ do you think she meant he didn’t think it was cancerous or did she mean like he doesn’t foresee any delays? I think she would have said if that’s what she meant I don’t know why my anxiety is bad again, I feel almost worse than I did before I had the flexisig :(

My nephew is 23 and has had a polyp removed earlier on in the year. The gastroenterologist said it's not cancer, and to not even worry about it. He never even got a call back on it or anything. I know when it is happening to you, it is hard to not question everything. That is human nature. But please don't worry, it will just be a polyp, nothing more, and the doctor is trained to know the difference.

I guess you could argue what’s the point in 30 years of experience if he can’t tell the difference between a bad and not bad polyp lol but I should get my results sometime this week, this is going to be hard waiting :( I’ve relooked through my report they gave me on the day, they haven’t scheduled me in for another colonoscopy or anything, which I read online if they find a polyp during a flexisig they then give you a full colonoscopy but nothing was said at the time :( so you REALLY think if there was a chance of something wrong I wouldn’t be worrying if they said something about it, I would KNOW 100% they were worried? I wasn’t like this after I had a breast ultrasound a few years ago :( she told me she didn’t see anything suspicious and I believed her then, so why can’t I believe the doctor now about this?

I hate to keep on but it’s now been nearly 2 weeks still nothing, rang my Drs again and they still haven’t had the results :( I’m so worried, could it be taking so long bc it’s cancer? Surely they would have contacted me before if it was?

Everything is taking longer nowadays.

If it was cancer they would have contacted your GP urgently so it ISN'T.

Are you doing anything to help yourself with regard to the anxiety though?

No news is good news. Why not count your blessings that nothing bad was found? Many people are not so lucky.

So an update.. I rang the drs again today, a letter was sent home yesterday but hasn’t arrived yet.. the polyp was benign but they want to do a full colonoscopy :( so I’ll have to go back to hospital :( they’ll find a cancer higher up I know it. I can’t be lucky anymore.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information