Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Hi everyone,
    Its my first post here and I’m worried :(

ive been reading through a certain notorious thread on here related to blood in stool, I promise I won’t be like that, but I just dunno need to talk to someone who understands :(

so I suffered from anal fissures for a while, didn’t go to the drs to get medically diagnosed but I looked in a mirror and I know that’s what it was. It didn’t worry me in the beginning but the more I googled the more the words bowel cancer got soaked up In my brain.

after a worry about liver cancer Which started my picking it up out the toilet habit (my poo was really pale one day but I was eating atrociously for 48 hours before) I remember consciously thinking to myself ‘now you don’t have to worry about the colour you should start worrying about blood’ I remember thinking that...ever since then on and off I’ve had slight blood in poo on and off, always on the outside. Twice it’s been a bit more, bright red fresh blood, and by the next bowel movement it’s gone. Never when I wipe unless it is a fissure in which case I check with a mirror. Since lockdown, I’ve had it a few more times, I feel it’s increasing in the amount of times I have it, not in the amount on blood. But now I’m really worried as it seems to be in mucus more than not which isn’t normal. I’ve rang the dr 3 times, he prescribed scheriproct and said if it happens after that, we’ll arrange more tests. Well it has �� so Tuesday I had a blood test at the drs and I’ve got an appt for a flexible sigmoidoscopy next Saturday. The blood test results are fine, but what if she misheard my name, I didn’t give my date of birth? Just said my name over the phone. What if there is actually something wrong but because of the way they interpret results it says normal range but it isn’t? I just know it’s bowel cancer. Too many stories in the news about 25 year olds with it. No family history, only of diverticulitis but not in close family (grandparents, no parent or uncle issues) no weight loss, blood isn’t getting worse but it’s turning into bloody mucus and sometimes I have left sided lower pain, comes on when I get really hungry and get hungry growling pains, then I feel a sort of spasm and sometimes it hurts for ages after eating tea �� oh forgot to mention, when the dr said piles, I looked in a mirror and when I bear down a lump appears on the outside of my anus in the position of the 11 o clock vein. I’ve also relaxed enough to see inside a bit and there’s red lumps in there, but what if it’s polyps or cancer?? I’m so worried about the flexible sigmoidoscopy. Please don’t say ‘the reason stories about 25 year olds are in the news is because they’re rare’ there is no reason for me to not be that person. Most of them don’t have family history or a reason ���� I’m so upset

Re: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Got my confirmation appt letter today with enema I can see it now...’have you got someone with you’ ‘why’ ‘i found a lump/mass/abnormality and it doesn’t look good’

Please don't jump to the wrong conclusions.

It could be piles and the fissure bleeding.

Good luck with the procedure.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I wish I could not jump to conclusions if it was just blood i could probably convince myself it was just fissures/piles even though I feel no pain..but it’s because it’s blood streaks contained in mucus that’s what worries me it is still red looking blood, not dark or anything, but I’m so so scared the mucus obviously coming from somewhere, probably a cancerous polyp or something, tends to be more when my stool is harder, never less than a number 4, but it does seem to be when I strain a bit more...what if bloody mucus is being sloughed off the surface of a tumour??

I really don't think it is cancer to be honest.

Don't read horror stories on the internet.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I found the only thread on here where the person actually had cancer so now I’m disregarding all the other threads where people didn’t have it and just focusing on that one ��confirmation bias I suppose

Well can't you see what you are doing then?

One story amongst hundreds of posts on here that were NOT cancer.

Are you treating the HA at all?

I have counselling, was due to see my counsellor for the first time of lockdown tomorrow but can’t now because I’m self isolating for my Saturday hospital appt :(

Had my covid test today in preparation :( all seems real now :’(

Tomorrow is the day :,( I hope they look after me in hospital seeing as due to COVID I can’t have anyone come in with me :’(

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information