Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Re: Anxiety about blood in stool :(

Good luck!

I’ve done my enema, my appts been moved to 2pm from 3:30pm :,( I think I managed to hold it in for two minutes but what if I didn’t do it for long enough?? I’m worried now it’ll ruin the test

How did you get on?

Haemorrhoids and one polyp removed, the surgeon didn’t think the polyp was a problem but it’s gone to be biopsied so I am a bit happier but obviously now worried about the biopsy :( but he wasn’t worried and didn’t foresee a problem with it

Great news so just piles as we thought then.

Now you can move on from this

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m struggling a little bit with the biopsy thing, but I’ve already messaged my counsellor again about having the session I was meant to have last week so hopefully she can help me, I KNOW it’s all good but I’m still not relaxing fully :(

Someone at work asked me if I’d heard anything and now I’m triggered and worried all over again :’( it’s been 6 days and I haven’t heard anything yet about my biopsy, do you think if it was bad news I would have heard by now? Surely a cancer sample in a 25 year old would be grounds to contact me immediately instead of waiting for a letter?
    Also do you really think the Doctor knew what he was looking at when he said he didn’t think the polyp was cancerous? What if he was wrong? I know logically he looks at polyps all day long so would know, but what if he’s wrong on this occasion?

system probably backed up. I would not worry at all if I was you. Literally everyone that has a colonoscopy has polyps taken out. Also you only have 1 which is really good, I also only had one but I know of people that have multiple. I don't remember how long mine took but doctor definitely did not call next day, might have been a week and there were no covid backups (which I assume is happening)

He won't be wrong and the results can take up to 2 weeks.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’m only 25 though, I did ask if it was bad to have polyps at 25 and he said no but the internet says different :’( I just tried ringing my drs but they don’t have to results yet :( maybe I imagined him saying he didn’t think it was cancerous, I wasn’t sedated or anything but if I’m in a state I sometimes forget things :( but then the nurse came in after with my discharge paperwork and said ‘he doesn’t foresee any problems with the polyp’ do you think she meant he didn’t think it was cancerous or did she mean like he doesn’t foresee any delays? I think she would have said if that’s what she meant I don’t know why my anxiety is bad again, I feel almost worse than I did before I had the flexisig :(

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information