Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this sound mouth ulcer/sore sound like a concern - HA going through the roof.

Sore lump roof of mouth

Tuesday night I was eating dinner and felt a sore top of my mouth, I felt it and could feel a small bump/lump that was sore, the soreness went the next day and but come back on when I ate, since Wednesday night I haven't felt the soreness but can see feel a slight lump, has anyone had anything like this and should I get checked it out?

Does this sound mouth ulcer/sore sound like a concern - HA going through the roof.

I have had this sore in my mouth just below my wisdom tooth for 10 days, the day it came on the gum around tooth felt a little sore but seemed to get better, but on Thursday it got a lot more sore and since its been really worrying me, I have to really open my mouth and pull my cheek away to see a little red sore mark next to my wisdom tooth, it only hurts when eating or when I move my cheek it doesnt hurt when I am not doing anything, but its been 10 days and it is still there and my HA is going mad.

I started using corsodyl mouth wash yesterday which hasn't helped and been using salt water for about 4 days, I have also put salt directly onto the sore and it REALLY stings but is still not healing it up. I keep pushing my cheek in to check the pain level and sometimes it feels not as bad and other times quite sore. I am thinking about booking a dentist appointment as I am so worried but it will cost me about 100 pounds but I am happy to pay to find out what it is.

I am also worried as Thursday and Friday I had a lymph node come up under my jaw which was very sore, it is still there very slightly but gone down and only slightly sore now but I am worried it is cancer that has spread.

What shall I do?

Re: Does this sound mouth ulcer/sore sound like a concern - HA going through the roof

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Does this sound mouth ulcer/sore sound like a concern - HA going through the roof

This sounds like a normal mouth ulcer and the reason your gland is up is because it is an infection mine does it whenever i get them. As far as i know the time you need to worry is when it is actually painless..

Hey thank you for the reply, I do normally get ulcers and mouth sores but usually go pretty quickly, this one is staying around longer which is why I'm more worried, but I have been feeling it quite a lot so most likely keep irritating it.

So I think maybe its not an Ulcer and actually looks more like a gum infection, I googled it and it says if left untreated in can lead to life threatening illness which has now really worried me and I cant afford to get to a dentist just yet. It only hurts when it rubs against my cheek or food hits it, does it sound severe that I should get to a dentist ASAP?

So I've gone back to cancer worry after reading this

Leukaemia
    Swollen gums, bleeding gums, mouth sores, and ulceration in the mouth are all early indicators that point to this life-threatening condition.

Mouth Cancer
    The first indication of oral cancer usually starts as a small sore or tender spot that will not heal. It can be on the lips, gums, roof of the mouth, tongue, throat, cheek lining, or any other areas within the mouth

Re: Sore lump roof of mouth

Ulcers can last for 2-3 weeks.
    If you keep touching it and rubbing salt into it then it could last longer.
    Corsodyl is good, but can also sometimes burn a bit.

I’m not sure what country you live in but there are lots of free dental services available in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Ulcers can last for 2-3 weeks.
    If you keep touching it and rubbing salt into it then it could last longer.
    Corsodyl is good, but can also sometimes burn a bit.

I’m not sure what country you live in but there are lots of free dental services available in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi thank you for the reply, yes I have kept touching and putting salt on it the last 2 days which I am sure is not making it any better, I am going to try my best to stop and leave it today.

Yes I am in the UK, I have rang around some dentists this morning and all fully booked for atleast 3 weeks and not classed as an a emergency.

Do you have other home remedies that could help?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaunRyder View Post
    Do you have other home remedies that could help?
    16oz water, 1tsp of salt and 1tbsp of baking soda. Mix well. Rinse your mouth several times a day. That's what the doctors told me to do when my mouth and throat were mush from radiation. If it worked for that it will surely work for you. And stop messing with it!!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information