Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weight loss and perimenopause

Re: Weight loss and perimenopause

I'm in the same situation. I had lost a lot of weight 6 months ago due to not eating through severe anxiety i have managed to put about 9 pounds back on but it seems to have stalled now and seem to be able to eat a lot with no gain which is unusual for me . My anxiety is horrendous though so I can imagine that dosent help.xx

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    I'm in the same situation. I had lost a lot of weight 6 months ago due to not eating through severe anxiety i have managed to put about 9 pounds back on but it seems to have stalled now and seem to be able to eat a lot with no gain which is unusual for me . My anxiety is horrendous though so I can imagine that dosent help.xx
    I definitely believe mine is anxiety based. Anxiety has a lot to answer for!

Anxiety = weight loss in my experience. I imagine that is the culprit. That... and cutting our junk food xx

Quote Originally Posted by Pearly queen View Post
    I have lost about 10lbs in 4 months which is mainly down to cutting out all junk and reducing salt to keep my bp down. I've had 2 complete blood panel tests done in the past 6 months and all ok. Thyroid was checked and a 24hr urine test when my blood pressure went up. All came back ok and blood pressure stablilised. I am premenopausal and have been very anxious the past few months. I have noticed in the past few weeks I am losing more weight. An average of maybe 1lb a week.
    You've lost a couple of lbs a month and it's absolutely due to cutting out the crap and sodium which makes you retain water - making you heavier. Well done, by the way. Your body will appreciate the effort.

I had my son when I was 39 and I never had a normal period after that. The kid damn well broke me!

I remember sitting in the gynae consultant's office - sprog next to me in his pram - and this bloke cheerfully gave me the news that I was 'in ovarian failure'. I was 40. My ovaries had basically gone into retirement...

I biffed out big time. Eight and a half stone was my heaviest weight discounting pregnancy. Suddenly, I was tipping the scales at 10 stone - which is a big deal when you are the height of a Borrower!

I went down to under 8 stone on the nervous breakdown diet three years ago, but it all crept back on as soon as I realised that I wasn't dying. Back up to that buggering ten stone again!

Anyway, I'm hovering around the 9 stone mark now and that's partly due to me having exercised since March (orders of physio) and my digestive system going fruitang every time I eat something naughty but nice..

I'm also stressed which is a sure fire way for me to lose weight!

I'm not trying to lose weight but this is stressing me out and causing more weightloss.
    Ditch the scales. It's normal for there to be a few lbs difference from one day to another. To the anxious mind these normal variants can be mega triggering.

I've never been really heavy but I struggled to shift weight after 40. Now it's falling off and I never thought that would make me unhappy but it worries me. I know it's not dramatic weight loss and most of it is down to diet change but I'd love to know if others have experienced similar.
    What I discovered is that menopause made me crave carbs and sugar. I also have fibromyalgia and constant pain also makes me crave those bad boys. For the last three weeks I've had no option but to leave them out to give my insides a fighting chance, so I've dropped down to just above 9 stone..

The time to get concerned about weight loss is when you've literally changed nothing with your diet and lifestyle (exercise etc) and you are losing a lot of weight, in a short time, and you are NOT under stress.

The first thing a GP will ask is if there is any reason why you are losing weight, and in your case, you have drastically changed your diet. Even so, your weight loss isn't dramatic.

Keep up the good work and enjoy the menopause.

Love your posting style NoraB, its humorous, enthusiastic and realistic, makes me smile !

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Love your posting style NoraB, its humorous, enthusiastic and realistic, makes me smile !
    Glad to be of service.

Quote Originally Posted by molly15 View Post
    Same here :(

unfortunately I have the same problem. I am losing weight fast. I don't feel like eating at all. I wasn't like this before.
    Last edited by meliscanan88; 02-12-21 at 20:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information