Thread: HIV fears

HIV fears

I’ve not been hear for a while I’ve been doing better on my meds. However today I heard from an ex who is Zimbabwean and then I was like looking at Zimbabwe and stuff online and it came up with high rates of HIV etc.
    I first had unprotected ax with I’m in sept 2017 and then in Nov/dec 2017. I’ve literally just written a academic paper on HIV and how the first symptoms are that of cold flu like symptoms and I remover clearly I had terrible flu that Christmas period in 2017.

I think I am catastrophosing and I have other regular blood tests and they are all 100% normal however what if he had it and didn’t tell me or what if I’ve caught it and I don’t know.

I’m seriously freaking out right now I don’t know why this has triggered me and I don’t want to end up in depersonalisation again. Can anyone help me or advise me?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: HIV fears

"What if?" can lead you into all sorts of tormenting thought patterns, Phoenixess..You've made some massive mental leaps linking having contact from an ex to self diagnosing yourself with HIV in the space of a day. Don't jeopardise all your hard work and progress by ruminating on a subject you have studied to a high level so it's currently very much in your thoughts? You can talk yourself into having any health issue if you think and speculate about it for enough time.

It doesn't take a lot to be triggered so please try and put the mental brakes on this one now? Think of the facts and don't let your mind spiral into the horrible territory of Doubt? x

Re: HIV fears

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    "What if?" can lead you into all sorts of tormenting thought patterns, Phoenixess..You've made some massive mental leaps linking having contact from an ex to self diagnosing yourself with HIV in the space of a day. Don't jeopardise all your hard work and progress by ruminating on a subject you have studied to a high level so it's currently very much in your thoughts? You can talk yourself into having any health issue if you think and speculate about it for enough time.

It doesn't take a lot to be triggered so please try and put the mental brakes on this one now? Think of the facts and don't let your mind spiral into the horrible territory of Doubt? x
    Thanks pulisa id missed my midday dosage of diazepam so I think that’s why it happened now I’m not thinking about it. So fingers crossed it won’t reoccur I’m glad I posted though because I was freaking xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information