Thread: Health Anxiety Post-Covid

Health Anxiety Post-Covid

Hello! A few weeks ago I had posted on here that me or my parents weren't feeling well and had some issues and a cough, and we were planmed to get tested and what do you know, we all came out positive. That was like July 11 that we got those results, we retested on the 26th and still positive so in pending a third one to see if we're negative finally, we honestly haven't had any symptom since probably around the time we got the first results, and have only gotten better and better since then so no worries there!

But man, my health anxiety has been out the roof these past days, I've lost stayed up longer than usual just trying to sleep but jolting every time I start falling asleep, my whole scalp feels tingly, I overall feel tired and exhausted from it, my muscles in my legs and arms twitch sometimes, my breathing feels slower but my heart feels super fast, my whole body feels like it's on vibrate mode like on phones, my chest sometimes tightens up and my throat feels itchy or tight, sometimes I get really worried thinking this is still the virus but I also suffer a lot from acid reflux and I know anxiety can cause it and reflux tends to leave your chest and throat feeling all weird. I had the reflux the whole time I was sick but I tried not to look at it as a symptom since I've suffered from it for years now so it's no shocker to me, more like inconvenient timing leaving me feeling that way when covid symptoms line up with the same sensations.

Also I'm sure a lot of you guys can relate that seeing your parents struggle with this going on, positive or not, is tough to take in. My mom's hanging in there but my dad hasn't worked since march and his job closed and he worked there for over 30 years so you can imagine he hasn't taken to this well and seeing him that way also has me a bit shaken up. They're in their early 60's and have hypertension so luckily they're fine and honestly barely felt the virus when seeing the list of symptoms, we didn't really know we had it until we started feeling better.

But yeah all in all, I (25 y/o male, I messed up on my profile when I chose the gender lol) get worried now thinking oh can having this affect me later on, I see articles about it affecting the brain, permanently affecting the lungs, etc and yeah only time can tell but it's hard to get away from news when you're stuck in doors for a month. Even my own anxiety at night (when it's worse) has me thinking I'm dying or something, even though I know it's anxiety. Thank you, hope you guys stay safe!

Re: Health Anxiety Post-Covid

I think you have said all you need to know with your thread title. You are suffering from health anxiety overdrive - which isn't surprising after your recent experiences with the virus. All the symptoms you describe - not sleeping, jolting awake, feeling like your scalp and legs are 'crawling', reflux and weird chest and throat, plus the general exhaustion are common during and after stressful episodes. I have been having all of these myself just from 4 months of lockdown - inducing anxiety, depression, jumping out of my skin at the phone ringing or my neighbours banging doors, and just feeling unwell for no identifiable reason.

Natural to imagine that you are going to suffer from the the publicized long-term after-effects of this virus - but you only had mild symptoms and need to put into perspective that these 'after-effects' have not been proved to be automatic in all people who catch a dose of the virus. Everyone reacts differently. We are all of us susceptible to the never-ending feed of media 'discoveries' around this virus - it is pumped through every news channel day in and day out - and it goes without saying that MSM is having a field day jumping on every bit of news to fuel their endless stream of doom-mongering and sensationalism. Doesn't necessarily meant that any of it is true or that everyone is going to suffer from every side-effect going.

Take a deep breath ... and calm...... and have a couple of days break from MSM.

Thread Information