Thread: Scared of thumb twitch

Scared of thumb twitch

I have started having a thumb twitch for the last 3 ish weeks. It is scaring me because of dreaded google and telling me what it could be. I have never experience this b4. Ive cut out caffeing. Upped my water intake . Taking magnesium and it is still lingering .

How long ahould i let this go on for before i get it checked? Or is this something i need to worry about
    Anyone with experience and an opinion would be greatly appreciated

Re: Scared of thumb twitch

It can't hurt to go to the doctor - it's always good to hear from someone who knows what they're talking about - but I think they'll probably tell you that it's nothing to worry about, especially if you have no other symptoms.

There are tons of benign causes for twitches - stress, caffeine intake, vitamin deficiencies, tiredness, benign fasciculation syndrome, medications - and they're all way more common than the diseases that you're worried about. Do you use your phone a lot? Thumb twitches from smartphone use are really common and I get them all the time.

I think that you should go to the doctor because it will help put your mind at ease. They can talk to you about all the common causes of twitches and help figure out what the most likely cause of yours is. When I had an eye twitch my doctor said it was sleep deprivation and stress and that it would go away when I was feeling better and it did. It helped me stop worrying about it.

Thank you very kindly for your response. Its much appreciated.

I wouldn't worry about this (anymore). About 10 years ago, I was convinced I had a neurological condition. I was twitching, uncoordinated, mixing up my words, etc. Then, at the height of it all, I developed a twitch in my thumb. It twitched every few seconds for 2 weeks straight. My doctor told me it was nothing to worry about, but I didn't believe them. Then, one day, it just stopped. Eventually (months later) I realised that I didn't have any of the symptoms anymore. It was literally my own head doing it to my body. You should still go to your doctor just for your own peace of mind. But in my experience, it was nothing to worry about

Thread Information