Thread: Shortness of Breath - RELAPSE

Shortness of Breath - RELAPSE

Hi All
    I used to be in this forum few years back. Had a lot of panic attack and hypochondriac issues but was finally able to manage the symptoms quite well.
    Thimgs suddenly went south after all these years when i felt shortness of breath couple of weeks back. This is not a new feeling to me. I would get it on and off and I would be able to recover from it a few days. But with uncertainity of COVID or I do not know why this time it became really bad.
    I had a panic attack 10 days back where I could not breathe at all. Was somehow able to calm down. I thought I had COVID related shortness of breath whereas I did not have any other symptoms at all of cold, fever etc,
    But this whole obsession with breathing is making my shortness of breath even worse.
    I feel the urge to take deep breath all the time.
    Even I do manage to calm down and fall asleep I wake up gasping for air.

Has anyone here been able to break this shortness of breath loop. How long does it take. Feeling sooo exasperated :(

Re: Shortness of Breath - RELAPSE

Hi Sia,

I know how you feel, I no longer have extreme health anxiety but I still have trouble with restricted breathing. I have accepted that I can not breath well like I use to because of regular panic attacks years ago. I even get a little wheezy sometimes. My only advice would be to watch you tube videos and copy the person doing breathing techniques, It does help and I also try to make myself really busy because I can not relax when I sit down. It is very annoying.... I hope you are feeling better now as I can see you posted this a couple of months ago.

Thread Information