Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worries and Fears About Sepsis

Re: Worries and Fears About Sepsis

Do you think you would "miss something" if you stopped taking your temperature, Mischa? How does it help you?

I don't usually watch much TV to be honest, but when I flicked the station and they were talking about the virus and Sepsis in relation I just kept watching, and that's when the doctor started going on about his experience and such with it, and that triggered me the instant he said it was sudden out of nowhere. Silly really I know, but some things just get in your head.

Honestly stop watching most of that when I see it on the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by mischamoonlight View Post
    I don't usually watch much TV to be honest, but when I flicked the station and they were talking about the virus and Sepsis in relation I just kept watching, and that's when the doctor started going on about his experience and such with it, and that triggered me the instant he said it was sudden out of nowhere. Silly really I know, but some things just get in your head.

Honestly stop watching most of that when I see it on the TV.
    "I just kept watching"...lethal with HA!

Yeah, I totally get that, I really do. I had to stop watching all those Ambulance programmes and health, even the ones where people are trying to lose weight and start going on about all the health issues related to weight, which can be a trigger too, for someone like me anyway, you think anything that passes your lips is bad then.

Last few months I've been ridiculously devout about taking my temperature, and what set me off was watching that programme, then later that night before going to bed checking my temp and seeing it was 37.0 and that sent me into full blown panic, because being Hypothyroid I'm use to my temp being between 35.9 to 36.7 at highest. And I took it again just a short while ago, and it was 37.1, and that has really freaked me out too, as I've not had it that high in a really long time. I know its not scary high but its enough to have me distressed about it. Doesn't help since this morning having a sharp shooting pain in the back of my head that comes in a short few second burst and then goes, comes and goes. Probably from the stress I induce in myself.

So yeah, its a terribly OCD thing I've gotten into, and I broke out of it a couple times but then I'd go back to doing it again, mainly because I write in my diary every night and it became part of that habit as well that I would add in. I don't know, sometimes I struggle so hard to focus at all, sometimes I feel like I go blank and can't think what to say, or that I'm going mad cause I can't settle down properly.

Sorry, ramble a bit there lol! But yeah, I do agree with the fascination and religiousness of monitoring all of it too.

Sorry, I didn't see this reply! Yeah, it feels like I'll miss something if I don't keep a close eye on everything, that if I take my eyes away, something terrible will happen. Sounds mad I know, but its how it makes me feel when I don't, I get antsy, and agitated and then upset and scared. It's actually very distressing.

You are going to react badly with any minute change in your temperature. It will unsettle you and cause your thoughts to spiral to worse case scenario. Yet if you don't monitor yourself you fear missing something ominous? So you can't win unless you chuck the thermometer away and go cold turkey because there are no half measures with this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information