Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Can anxiety make you lose weight?

Re: Can anxiety make you lose weight?

Hey all, thanks for the comments. I realise it’s probably all anxiety. For the last 2 days I’ve been worried about having to urgently pee and then after I’ve gone feeling like I still need to go a bit. I’ve had this before and it always got worse if I thought about it and eventually just calmed down on it’s own.
    I’m speaking to my GP tomorrow and I’ll mention it and also mention I still haven’t put any weight on, but haven’t lost any more.
    I’ve realised even during this pandemic when I’m not working (I work in theatre) as I’m not struggling too much financially, I could be having a well earned break and enjoying myself relaxing and getting round to all the little jobs I’ve been meaning to do, learning new recipes and even maybe learning a language or some other new skill.
    I don’t want anxiety to rob me of any more time.
    I’m going to start some CBT but also going to actually listen to my Dr and try and believe him. Then, move on. Once again, thanks everyone for your support. We can beat this thing somehow, surely!

Lord yes anxiety eats me up literally, I lose so much weight, and even when I think I’ve stabilised the anxiety, sometimes it can still drop a bit because I guess there are still biological processes going on that were triggered by the anx, eventually it has always stopped for me and I have returned to my average. Positive that some tests are being done, but yes it is like anxiety symptom 101.
    Some of the positive things that you said in your posts were very inspiring, it took me well over a decade to reach the sort of point where I could challenge the thoughts like that, really flipping well done (not intended to be patronising)

My sister lost around 5 stone in such a horrible time period when her partner and her divorced. The anxiety literally just was such a strain on her body! I think it's super common as I know a few folks its happened to. I'm panicking over the peeing issues currently myself so can totally sympathise, its hard to have anxiety over something we have to do to survive lol - no avoiding it! Definitely try CBt if you can like you said, it has made such a difference for me in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighttime pacer View Post
    Hi all, Thanks so much for your messages. It’s so reassuring to hear all your similar stories.
    Keep well everyone
    I lost 5 stone in less than 1 year i was so paranoid about cancer at one point everyone thought i was ill even thou i had been to the doctors 100s of times and they said i was fine i still never belived it, It took a while but i got there dont panic about it ,It is very common as to much worry causes stress on the body in turn you will loose weight please all ways speak to a GP as well
    Last edited by Dexter James; 13-10-20 at 17:34.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information