Thread: Scared of Stomach Ulcers?

Unhappy Scared of Stomach Ulcers?

Hi all,

I know I'm in this thread quite a bit. Recently, every time I eat I get horrible indigestion after. It doesn't seem to matter what I eat - I had some cornflakes and a banana this morning and I'm still getting those little hiccups in my chest!

I'm thinking that I may have a stomach ulcer, which didn't scare me at first. But then I remembered that my father had a bleeding stomach ulcer about 5 years ago and fainted in our house. He spent some time in the hospital but was fine. Just a scary situation that could have been worse if we hadn't been there to help him. Well, now I'm worried that this is what will happen to me. I'm scared to be alone in case I'm internally bleeding without realizing it and I pass out!
    I have my yearly physical with my doctor in 5 days. I'm just worried I won't make it until then!

Any thoughts or reassurance would be so appreciated.

"There's always someone, somewhere, you should know by now - always somebody who cares." -Paul McCartney

Re: Scared of Stomach Ulcers?

Hello,

The best thing to do is to discuss it at your physical and they can give you recommendations for treating it.
    I would suggest cutting out dairy, spice, chocolate, high fat foods, heavily processed foods, caffeine, onions & garlic out as much as possible. Stay upright after eating for 2-3 hours, and prop yourself up in bed so you don’t lay flat. You can take antacids too.

Hope you feel better soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information