Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Third time's the charm?..Right?

Re: Third time's the charm?..Right?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    These might not be all down directly to the AD. They could also be driven by the stress of taking the med. Expect to have severe side-effects and the anxious mind is very capable of delivering them.
    Yes I very much agree Panic. Our brain can be our worst enemy sometimes.

Day 2 - Rough night sleeping last night, woke up at 6am and struggled to get back to sleep for a while, anxiety was peaking alot when I woke up too. I had a pleasant evening with my partner watching some documentaries on netflix and discussing my worries. I took my second tablet this morning and immediately got back into bed and fell asleep for an hour or so, woke up to once again a shakey feeling in my body and heightened anxiety (These two correlate alot). Had some bad panics today and ended up breaking down a little infront of my partner due to my worries. Once that was over I felt kind of okay, I had moments of happyness which gives me hope that I can get better again. Tonight I think i'll spend my time tonight talking with my parents before their holiday tomorrow and hoping this sore throat gets better soon.

I remember during my first 2 days, I also had mild feelings of happiness and hope that things will get better. Hopefully it means the tablets will work eventually once the initial side effects and heightened anxiety have calmed down.

Is your partner supportive with regards to your anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    I remember during my first 2 days, I also had mild feelings of happiness and hope that things will get better. Hopefully it means the tablets will work eventually once the initial side effects and heightened anxiety have calmed down.

Is your partner supportive with regards to your anxiety?
    Yes i do hope so! And she is very supportive, I've had Health Anxiety for roughly 6 years off and on, mostly when im on citalopram it goes away so I'm hoping to keep it down this time.

Day 3 - Today definitely felt better than the first day, the shaking has finally gone away and I've shifted from laying in bed after taking the tablet to getting up and doing a 30 minute walk down a country lane near my house, although I seem to be getting some chest ache while doing this I'm going to put it down to being tense from the anxiety and pulling a muscle or something. As I have had recent ECG and blood tests which came out fine. Alongside this my right calf has been feeling particularly tight lately, it did get me worrying about DVT's but my leg seems to be fine right now so It's probably muscular/anxiety related.

The main crux of the problem right now for me is the heightened anxiety in the mornings which i'm sure is the reason I keep waking up at 7am sharp each day. and the intrusive thoughts. Those are the real kicker right now. Trying to logically think about everything going on in my life right now while I have these thoughts popping into my head about various health problems is not helping.

I'm hoping things will calm down soon.

Day 4 - Yesterday started exactly the same as previous days, I woke up at 7:30am sharp and began to feel the panic. My leg is much better today which helps me logically think it was just a muscle ache from the walking or cramp. The intrusive thoughts are still there in the morning hammering away at me. The best coping mechanism I have at the minute is playing a couple of games to take my mind off things. I did my usual 30 minute brisk walk this morning, and on the way back I started getting chest ache once again, this has happened for a few days in a row, I rang up my GP and had a word with him, he's not remotely concerned, especially given my anxiety was focused on my heart before. He told me that someone under 30 (I'm 29) would be extremely unlikely to have Angina or something, and all the tests i've had before would be able to see if anything untoward was happening. I'm to report back to him in a week if it doesn't get any better. Though he deduced it's because I haven't been exercising in months and am now starting so my muscles are trying to adjust to the changes. Which seems far more logical to me than Angina at 29. He knew I was on Citalopram and at such a low dose, very unlikely to cause any issues in the body.

The ache fromy my appendix removal is subsiding alot now which is nice, I don't feel half as bloated as I did and I'm able to drive to the local village shop for supplies which has boosted my confidence a little bit.

It's Day 5 today. Almost a week on citalopram, the side effects haven't been as bad (yet, fingers crossed) aside from the heightened anxiety and the shaking. I sure hope I manage to get to my review without issue and hopefully feeling better. If not, up to 20mg i'll go.

It's good that you are recovering well from your appendix removal. Whenever I exercise for the first time in several weeks, I get weird aches in my body, but it usually subsides in a day or two. It's very unlikely to be of any cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    It's good that you are recovering well from your appendix removal. Whenever I exercise for the first time in several weeks, I get weird aches in my body, but it usually subsides in a day or two. It's very unlikely to be of any cause for concern.
    Yes I'm of the same mind Sparkle, thank you so much. I'm just going to try and dust off the intrusive thoughts as best as possible. My parents came back from their short holiday today and my first thought was "Will i ever be able to enjoy a holiday without checking local hospitals/medical access etc" It's quite debilitating.

Day 5 was by far worse than the previous days, I spent the entire day panicking about my heart again, despite there being no evidence to suggest it's in any danger whatsoever, but my brain keeps thinking "I need this scan or that scan" and it drove me nuts, I ended up speaking with some friends and trying to take my mind off things.

Day 6 I took my tablet this morning after waking up super early again, the mornings are honestly the worst, I woke up covered in sweat and for the few hours I couldn't move out of bed from panic I was just laying there thinking I'm waiting to die, it was horrible, after I took my tablet at 10am, doing this every day to keep a rhythmn. I did my usual of getting up and going for a walk, I took my dog this time but she's afraid of cars so I couldn't go as far as I normally did, I got the same chest ache across the top of my chest but i'm beginning to think it's just muscular from poor posture and the sheer amount of stress i'm under.

Only a 2 and a half weeks and I move back down to London for my final University year, my doctor is right next door the to the Uni so I will pop in there and have them do my citalopram review I think. They're very nice.

Day 7 - Again with the damn anxiety in the morning, woke up and was instantly feeling run down thinking I was laying there once again waiting for something bad to happen. The physical symptoms are there but mostly in my muscles. I went for a walk around the local woods again and after 20 minutes was getting chest ache which sparked off more intrusive thoughts. I really think it's shoulder tension but my anxiety says otherwise. My appetite is still non-existent but I did manage to eat a sandwhich from Subway today which was nice but did give me some indigestion from eating too quickly I think.

Day 8 - Aside from the absolute mess of a hospital visit I had (see my thread in Health Anxiety) I managed to actually eat, i've been having an ache in my calf again when I walk but when i'm sat down it goes which makes me think muscular again.

Not a big update today because I'm feeling worn out so trying to do some hobbies to take my mind off of things. I really want to go up to 20mg but I need to wait for my review with my GP in a couple of weeks.

Day 9 - Today was the worst day since i started taking the citalopram. I woke up at 3am in an anxiety induced panic. Managed to fall back asleep and woke up yet again at 7am. THis time I got out of bed and got moving around, took my tablet at 9 because i went out with my parents to do some shopping. I was okay on the anxiety front while out and about but my right calf has felt very tight while walking around lately, and since getting a positive d-dimer yesterday (this apparently showed up because im healing from surgery). I've been terrified i have a clot in my leg, it only ever hurts when im walking, not sitting down though. It's odd.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information