Thread: Anxious to start.

Anxious to start.

Hiya everyone again, well as some people will notice ive posted alot these past few months unfortunately :( but now im at a point where i can not take much more.. my anxiety/panic attacks are at its worse im scared to go out anywhere again, and witj my son i need stop GP prescribed me Escitalopram and im petrified to even start them :( i wish i wasnt like this but i am, can anybody give me some success stories and let me know about side effects ? My biggest fear is a allergy or bad side effects as i stated with my 1 year old i can afford ro be in a bad way :( thank you x

Re: Anxious to start.

Quote Originally Posted by xleax View Post
    GP prescribed me Escitalopram and im petrified to even start them :( i wish i wasnt like this but i am, can anybody give me some success stories and let me know about side effects ? My biggest fear is a allergy or bad side effects as i stated with my 1 year old i can afford ro be in a bad way :( thank you x
    Despite the impression support groups can give, most people have none to mild side-effects when starting on ADs. Also, not all side-effects are necessarily down to the med. An anxious mind is very capable of generating our worst nightmare if given half a chance. While side-effects may sometimes be unpleasant they don't usually cause physical harm.

What dose has your GP prescribed to start?

- - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -

The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Re: Anxious to start.

I found Escitalopram to be one of the gentler ADs.
    Been on it at 10mg for years and it works well.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thread Information