Thread: Mouth numbness & tingling

Mouth numbness & tingling

Hi Everyone,

I've had numbness inside my mouth for about a couple years. Some spots move around, others come and go in the same area. The bottom of my tongue was numb for several weeks straight. I can bite down on these areas and I feel nothing. It's been getting worse this year, and I suspect a pinched nerve in my neck. I'm getting physiotherapy for this, and I'm going back to my neurologist to see if he can refer me to a neurosurgeon to rule out other things (e.g. Chiari malformation, CCI, etc.)

But my anxiety about progressively losing sensation in my mouth is getting worse. I'm starting to withdraw from my family because of it, and it takes me away from my volunteer work. It makes me question every strange sensation on my face, and my anxiety peaks while I bite down on different places in my mouth to see if I feel anything.

Thanks for listening. If anyone else has had mouth numbness, or cervical spine problems, or if you've dealt with a similar kind of anxiety please say hi. I could use the company.
    Last edited by bulan; 06-08-20 at 02:25.
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

Re: Mouth numbness & tingling

Hi Bulan, i’m going through a similar thing at the moment, the roof of my mouth feels numb & tingly also back of tongue going into my throat which makes me feel like i’m gagging. Have had a bad few months with all sorts of throat symptoms, was diagnosed with silent reflux but this is different from the reflux lump that i used to get. I’m so sick of it,every day its on my mind, sorry this is not much help to you but i just needed to get it of my chest.

Hi Redsmum! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you seen a doctor about it? How long has it been going on? Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing as time goes on... It would be nice to have someone to talk to who understands how nerve-wracking this is!
    I encourage anyone who's struggling with their doctor to take your health into your own hands. You can always start by checking reviews at www.RateMDs.com. And don't forget to leave a positive review for the doctors you appreciate! FYI: Here are some tips on writing an online review of your doctors: http://abt.cm/1lZUdaF

[QUOTE=bulan;1961771]Hi Redsmum! I'm so sorry you're going through this. Have you seen a doctor about it? How long has it been going on? Please stay in touch and let me know how you're doing as time goes on... It would be nice to have someone to talk to who understands how nerve-wracking this is![/QUOTE

Hi bulan, its been happening for about 3 weeks now but some days i don’t have it at all & then i think its gone for good but it always returns. My dr’s is a problem at moment as very difficult to get face to face appointment its all done by phone consultation. I’m going to see how it goes for a few more weeks & then contact them. Will let you know how i progress, let me know how its going for you too. Take care

Thread Information