Thread: Groin lump

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Groin lump, back ache, fatigue. So scared,

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and site. I’ve been a health anxiety sufferer on and off for some years. Previously I had self diagnosed with many conditions. With the help of the gp and cbt I had seemed to overcome the worst.

But....

It’s back with a bang. I recently discovered a Hardish small lump about 4mm on my right side groin. It appears to be a lymph gland that is swollen. I spent all last night in utter panic and barely slept. I leapt straight back onto google against my better judgement. And convinced myself I was going to die.

I booked into the gp at 10am this morning. He felt it and said he was not concerned. Said he knows what a sinister lump feels like and this isn’t one. He is aware of my health anxiety and said he didn’t want to fuel my anxiousness by ordering tests that aren’t needed. He said it is likely to be a gland that has became slightly swollen and may disappear or could even stay. He has said if I’m concerned to go back but not to poke and prod it as it will likely not allow it to reduce.

So my health anxiety head says he’s mid diagnosed etc and I need more reassurance. I am desperate to keep my head above water with my anxiety. Anyone who can offer some words of advice or support on both anxiety and the groin issue I’d appreciate it.

Thanks for reading.

I’ve added a further post on the second page with update. Would appreciate some advice 😊
    Last edited by Ccfcmike; 20-08-20 at 21:35. Reason: Change of title

Thread Information