Thread: Scarry, dizzy odd feeling in head

Scarry, dizzy odd feeling in head

Hey guys, I almost feel silly posting this bc I feel like I cant explain this well....Over past year or two there were times at night Id wake up still in kind of deep sleep and would get this dizzy rush feeling in back of neck and head, like a surge that lasts a second and would go until I woke up fully. It only went away when I took hydroxyzine for high histamine and anxiety but I stopped taking months ago. It also feels like I get a quick feeling of light headedness or a startle feeling. Like almost when you are super tired and almost falling asleep. I notice that this happens when I wake up from a deep sleep in middle of night and then I feel my heartbeat strongly and get this zap/light headed feeling/startle that lasts like a second and only goes away when I am completely awake. I feel this mostly in back of neck and head...like a subtle rush. Im really frustrated bc I dont think Im explaining this well :(
    Its so hard to explain like this dizzy rush in head

Last two weeks I have noticed more heart palpitations/flutters and zap type feeling happening more frequently specifically at night when tired and when waking up. My wife listened to chest and says heartbeat sounds completely normal.
    Only difference is that 2 1/2 weeks ago I started taking Chinese herbs through herbalist. I worry about my health a lot but I am very fit and eat fairly well. Any thoughts folks? thanks

Re: Scarry, dizzy odd feeling in head

I paid attention to them last night/this morning and it definitely feels like it is linked to heart palpitation too. Feels like I get this surge in neck/head as it feels like my heart "pauses". I probably sound more confusing now

Honestly? I'd knock the Chinese herbs on the head and stick to evidence-based medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Honestly? I'd knock the Chinese herbs on the head and stick to evidence-based medicine.
    Yes i’m with blue iris on this one, those chinese herbs can do more harm than good. A local shop years ago now was actually closed down due to some of the stuff they were advocating that people should take & do. I’m not adverse to alternative therapies at all but i think its better to err on the side of caution in this instance.

Yeah, I am going to stop taking them...as far as that head neck feeling. Anyone experience that with anxiety?

Depends on what type of “herbs you take” a lot of good Chinese herbs out there.

Thread Information