Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Scourge Of Highly Opinionated Moaners

Re: The Scourge Of Highly Opinionated Moaners

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    This morning I have already posted in one of the Corona threads about this guy I have known for years who I spoke to on the phone earlier, and he was having a right rant at me about having to wear face masks inside indoor public places, as he is convinced it's totally pointless and a gross violation of civil liberties!!

We ended up having a bit of a verbal argument about it, like we have over various other issues over the years and I felt emotionally exhausted by the time we both hung up, as if it's just impossible for me to ever win. He also seems to imply that I am thick and naïve, and that I don't live in the real world.

Does anyone else on here have encounters with people who are incessantly opinionated and constantly negative about pretty much everything and anything?
    Is he Victor Meldrew?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Is this person actually a friend? He doesn't sound like he holds you in very high regard. The phone call has obviously really upset you so maybe it's best to be unavailable when he next calls?
    I suppose he technically is, as we have actually done things together in the past that have mostly been positive (as part of another group of persons), but definitely never a 'best' friend and he has almost always been known to do my head in, even during the better times of 20-odd years ago as he has always been a bit of a smart alec!!

Seriously, do the right thing for yourself and walk away. You don't need people like that in your life.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Seriously, do the right thing for yourself and walk away. You don't need people like that in your life.
    I might actually consider that, especially as he seems to get worse and worse every year!!

He is also a racist, sexist and very backward-thinking person.

This country is breeding them like rats.

I think our current culture nurtures it.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    This country is breeding them like rats.

I think our current culture nurtures it.
    I agree with you in many ways.

And (dare I say it), that's probably one of the trade-offs of free expression, though as the polar opposite would be far, far worse, perhaps we should behave more responsibly and not misuse our rights to such thing.

Yes, Lenco. IRL, I have two uncles who have pretty much been brainwashed by Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and the Trump campaign. They are very angry people all the time now, when they used to be very easy going and open-minded.

Hi Lencoboy hope you're well x

oh yes l have one of them but unfortunately for me its family, she has been there done got the t shirt, if you done it she's done better.

My problem l can't get rid of her you can choose your friend's 😁 and apparently l just need a kick up the arse to treat my anxiety 😤

best wishes xx

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Hi Lencoboy hope you're well x

oh yes l have one of them but unfortunately for me its family, she has been there done got the t shirt, if you done it she's done better.

My problem l can't get rid of her you can choose your friend's 😁 and apparently l just need a kick up the arse to treat my anxiety 😤

best wishes xx
    I'm perfectly fine right now, thank you.
    Enjoying this glorious sunshine.

I'm with the general consensus here Lencoboy. This friend is always going to have differing views to yourself if its been going on for years. There comes a time when you have to ask yourself 'what am I getting from this friendship?' To me it sounds like nothing positive and plenty of negative. Do you really need his ranting? Often we think we should continue a friendship out of a sense of 'loyalty', more so if its been long term. Do what's best for you mate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information