Thread: Scared about an potassium/magnesium deficiency

Scared about an potassium/magnesium deficiency

Hi guys, over the past couple days I’ve had bad pain and twitching in both my calves like a muscle cramp/muscle pull. I haven’t been doing any exercise besides walking so there was no reason for it. And never really experienced something like this before.

Just as an experiment I ate a banana and some apricots and cocoa (lots of magnesium and potassium in them) and this morning the pain was almost gone. I was glad it went but now I am worried I might have some serious vitamin/mineral deficiency. I have been dieting a lot lately and I do not get a lot of nutrition.

I heard that potassium and magnesium deficiency can cause arrhythmia too and I am really scared about that :/ I usually have some PVCs/ectopic beat daily (had em for years) I know they can check your electrolyte levels with a blood test at the doctor or hospital but I don’t want to go with all the recent corona stuff. What should I do?

Re: Scared about an potassium/magnesium deficiency

Quote Originally Posted by peachy123 View Post
    I am worried I might have some serious vitamin/mineral deficiency. I have been dieting a lot lately and I do not get a lot of nutrition.......What should I do?
    Sounds like you have a cause and effect and the answer is obvious. My wife takes mag supps and we both take vitamin supplements in addition to a healthy balanced diet.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information