Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

Help

Ok It has to be said i am freaking out I have had a bad day today anxiety wise really bad, and my little girls were playing outside in our garden and my husband took a snack down my youngest ate the snack without washing her hands and now I'm petrified she has covid 19. Tbh I am really struggling today please someone help I know in order to catch it u have to come into contact with it but what if it was in our garden they must catch it from somewhere. I'm sorry I know this is tiresome it's just the way my mind is working atm. Xxx

Re: Help

You have started quite a few threads about this recently. Can you add to one thread so people can see all your worries in one place. Thanks

You can't catch it like that either.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

As your username suggests the media scaremongering has people terrified even in their own homes.

COVID-19 isn't an illness affecting children - and certainly not in the way you describe.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Panicstricken, may I ask what you're doing to wrangle your anxiety right now?

Hi thankyou for your replies, I'm sorry I have posted so soon on here again, I'm not sure how to merge threads sorry x I dont mean to be so tiresome yesterday was just a bad day. I have been avoiding news as much as I can sometimes random articles catch my eye or take me off guard (one did a few days bk&#128584 Mostly blueiris I keep myself busy looking after my children and trying to think up ways to keep them entertained, decorating the house, doing craft activities with the children yesterday's project was making bird feeders out of plastic bottles. I also keep a thought journal which helps as I find once I write it down most worries dont have power. I try not to show the children how frightened I am or my husband as I dont want them worrying about me. And I use this site to talk to people I find talking to people who understand the whole anxiety monster so helpful. I'm sorry if I have been tiresome over the last few weeks this whole covid 19 has caught me very off guard and has caused all lot of my anxiety symptoms to raise their ugly heads again. (I am petrified of my loved ones catching this awful virus especially my hubby and eldest who are in the more at risk category) I am cross with myself tbh as before all this happened I had been doing so well I had barely had any symptoms I foolishly believed I had overcome anxiety. Thankyou all of u for taking the time to listen 😘😘and I'm sorry I'm being so foolish. Xx hoping today will be a much better day thankyou for your responses xxx💖
    Last edited by panicstricken; 20-04-20 at 08:01.

You're not being foolish but you do have to try to keep things in perspective, regardless of anxiety, because you know that if you give anxiety an inch it will take a mile and then you're in a big spiral and things seem out of control..

You must avoid these "random articles catching your eyes". Don't seek them out-they are dynamite. Keep safe by taking sensible precautions but don't go OTT. There will never be cast iron protection. You are doing your very best trying to keep your family entertained but don't exhaust yourself unnecessarily tormenting yourself with possible ways the virus could penetrate your family's defences..It's pointless. Save your strength to get through each day.

I hope today is a better one. Look after your mental health xx

Thankyou pulisa for your response xx I know you are right about the anxiety taking over if i let it and I am going to do everything I can today to keep it at bay and focus on my beautiful family. I find it hard to rationalise sometimes I hope u are well and I too am hoping for a better day today xxx much love stay safe xx

Hi everyone I’m feeling a bit freaked out tonight xx last two nights I have had a heavy tight feeling in my chest really hard to breathe and headache and tightness in my throat. Feels sometimes like it closing up. I haven’t slept properly for days so I’m sure that not helping, been having deliveries which is always a worry but it’s the only way I can get anything in. It’s been hard the last few days anyway I just wanted to let it out and ask if there is anything anyone suggest that could help ease these symptoms I am assuming it’s just my awful anxiety and lack of sleep and nothing majorly serious. But I was wondering if there are any suggestions xx

Hi everyone please help... I know this is probably impossible almost certainly I would of thought but my mothering law just called and told me that she read somewhere that 100% of the population will catch covid. I feel so upset I had been doing so so well I had peeled myself off the ceiling and avoided all covid related news was in a really good place only time I see anyone if food deliveries and we get parcels delivered for presents which we dettol like crazy. I'm honestly in free fall now no matter how stupid my rational side is telling me it is and I'm purposefully not going out of my way to make myself anxious and this happens. Why would she say something like that???

Could be because she's scared, could be because she's just a jerk. Could be both, to be honest.

Maybe ask your other half to have a gentle word with her? In the meantime, use your coping strategies and feel free to drop me a line if you need somebody to help you calm down.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information