Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Little one is ill, told to isolate and do a test

Re: Help

Thankyou pulisa, i know I can be frustrating and draining on times I'm just hoping that we are doing the right things. I know noone can say for sure but I am grateful for everyones help on here xxx I am fed up of the fear and constant thinking is what we doing good enough but I guess I know deep down that we cant do much more as to stop everything coming in (food and deliveries) is impossible. My fear is overwhelming on times but the good days are more frequent and I enjoy those.

Midnight mouse thankyou for your suggestion of trying to figure out why this is so different xx I purposely have stopped listening to or researching anything covid related and I honestly cant understand y I find it so difficult to rationalise this illness maybe it's because at the start it was all about underlying conditions causing death etc. I think also its because the people with those conditions in here are my husband a daughter and my father died from.complications that arose from a heart transplant when I was young after contracting a similar virus. This certainly has had me in a flat spin but I am trying so hard to focus on all we are doing and I am so grateful for everyone on here xxx
    Last edited by panicstricken; 19-06-20 at 09:09.

What happened to your Dad must have been so awful for you as a young girl so I can quite understand why you feel so terrified now. You're reliving the nightmare and it's a prolonged nightmare. Are you able to talk to your Mum about how you feel? xx

Hi pulisa thankyou for your reply x I dont want to make my mum have to relive painful memories I'm sure she would help. But for me I know she is worried about it too and I just dont want to make those memories come flooding back. Thankyou so much for your understanding coming on here truly does help just to get it out u know. I'm sorry if I drain people sometimes with my comments. I am still working through my cbt book and I am starting to have more good moments than bad xxx

Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
    Thankyou scass I feel.bad enough about myself already!!. I didnt mean to frustrate u. Just meant I am sick of how irrational this fear is and how despite trying a number of different strategies I cant seem to get past this one fear. I have good days, more of them lately and then something will trigger it off again. I am frustrated and fed up and sick of being stuck in a loop, Guess your right I dont have as much resilience.
    I don’t mean to make you feel worse honestly, I’ve been where you are, but you have to start thinking of it in different ways. Wishing it would go away is just avoiding it. I’m a huge avoider, so I understand.
    What can you do to be proactive about how you approach it? Having to shield is very scary. Good news is that you’ll be first for a vaccine when it comes (or 2nd after health workers).
    How can you make your days better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou scass for your reply x

tbh I am not sure what else I can do, I am focusing on cbt, homeschooling and craft days to help my girls get through this I'm trying my hardest to make it as fun for them as i can. I am focusing or trying to on this i can control decorating, home schooling etc and trying not to think about covid 24/7. Its really hard though expecially when when I feel like I'm getting to a good place something will happen and the spiral begins again.

I am ensuring everything that comes into the house is clean and ensuring the high traffic areas of the house are given extra attention. I am really trying to keep on top of it all.

I am not looking at anything covid related and am trying my hardest to convince myself we are safe in the house. I guess only time will tell. X

That all sounds good but you must be exhausted. Are you taking time for yourself to have a bath or watch a bit of telly?

Also, it’s about thinking positively. It’s not another day with covid - it’s another day closer to better days.

Hard I know, but worth a try x

It does sound like such an aggressive battle against the threat of Covid...You are determined to avoid it yet your whole day is based around it and the need to annihilate any hint of it..After all this time your brain must be exhausted.

Are you able to switch off at all?

Are you doing a worry journal if you’re doing cbt?

Hiya everyone x yeah im doing a worry journal, I am trying hard everyday to focus on good things xxx how are u all coping how do u stop the anxiety related to covid overtaking u?

Quote Originally Posted by panicstricken View Post
    Hiya everyone x yeah im doing a worry journal, I am trying hard everyday to focus on good things xxx how are u all coping how do u stop the anxiety related to covid overtaking u?
    I accept it as just another hazard in life to be honest. Crossing the road is dangerous, driving a car is dangerous, but I look left and right before crossing the road and I try to drive as safely as possible to reduce the risks involved.

That’s how I’m treating this. I don’t stand in crowds, I keep my distance as much as possible and I ensure I follow good hygiene measures. Life is risky, it’s all about getting a sensible perception of it and doing what you can to reduce the risk.

Do you know the risk of catching Covid-19 in the UK right now is about 1000 to 1? Putting it simply, I wouldn’t place any money on me catching it as the odds are stacked heavily against it. The odds reduce even further if you’re taking the measures you are.

Even if you do get it, around 4 in 5 of every positive case experience mild symptoms that can be managed at home. The risk of catching it at all is very small, the risk of becoming seriously ill with it is even smaller.

You need to start thinking in these ways or you’ll end up as a prisoner of your own mind.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information