Thread: Boyfriend might be getting sick?

Boyfriend might be getting sick?

I have spent a lot of time with my boyfriend this week. Yesterday after I was with him for awhile he told me that his throat has kinda felt really dry all day. That immediately freaked me out. He kept reassuring me that he was not sick and that this happens a lot to him, he then kissed me catching me off guard which just heightened my anxiety. I left after he told me his throat has been dry. I kinda wish I had known that before seeing him. Today he texted me his sinuses are draining and that he just cannot stop sneezing, but is still insisting that they are just allergies. I am beyond worried about him and myself, my sister who is still at home is two weeks away from having a baby. Anyone getting sick is the worst thing that could happen right now. My anxiety is so bad right now. I had a really bad headache last night and today my throat is really itchy
    Last edited by UserName20; 12-08-20 at 16:04.

Re: Boyfriend might be getting sick?

I don't think those are symptoms of Covid though.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

That’s true, I know sore throat isn’t a common one, plus he said his wasn’t sore just dry. ( he’s a cashier so he spent all day talking and he also did a lot of talking to transcribe a file all day )

I drank something and it made the itchiness of my throat go away. I think I just had myself all worked up. I have missed a couple doses of my medication, I take it at night to help me sleep and the last two nights I have fallen asleep before taking it as I should, and I know that Seems to heightens my anxiety when I miss doses. I had a telehealth therapy appointment today but my therapist cancelled last minute. Today is just a day I really could have used some talking things out. But I also hope everything is alright going on in her life for her to need to cancel it, life happens.

While figuring college things out I am working part time as a cashier so I’m in the public and I know that’s a big source of my anxiety. Every time sometime comes in coughing or not wearing a mask it really triggers my anxiety. I wear my mask, bleach my register and scanner snd use hand sanitizer constantly. I bleach the pin pad for the customer after every transaction. I wash my hands before going on break and before leaving. I get home and throw my mask and clothes in the wash and shower and wash my hair and change into new clothes. I even disinfect the inside of my car everyday. I am doing all that I can to stay safe. My grandmother lives alone and has wanted to see me a lot lately, and it makes me sad because I am nervous to spend time with her. I am worried that I would be asymptotic when I am with her or that if I see her a day I am constantly worried the next two weeks that I will get symptoms and would have unknowingly gotten her sick. The only person I really see besides my family I live with is my boyfriend, and I know that he is careful as well, but he also works in the public. I feel bad telling my friends no to hanging out but I am just very nervous.

My boyfriend and I have been spending a lot of time with my sister at the house, since she is coming so close to giving birth and having a sleep study done tonight she got tested yesterday and was negative, so I assume we are all okay.
    Last edited by UserName20; 12-08-20 at 17:11.

He said he’s back to feeling like his throat hurts again, I am so panicked.

Thread Information