Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Struggling in the heat

Re: Struggling in the heat

It was warm here today in QLD I’m dreading summer along with over 90% humidity and those darn cane toads.
    Hope the heat soon eases for you all.Stay cool

I get bad reactions to bites and stings too Pulisa.
    Catch it early with antihistamine cream if you can. The ice cubes take away the throbbing heat and white toothpaste watered down will stop the itching. x

Thanks everyone for your help. Went to the pharmacy today about the bites and the pharmacist took a look and said if it was past the worst, there was no need to do anything else other than continue with the antihistamines. So that reassured me. Also the ice cube treatment brought some topical relief. And, pleased to say, the temperature has dropped a few degrees today despite an increase in humidity and so although it’s still uncomfortable I feel better able to cope. So, thank you all.

It's unbearable at night. Tossing and turning throughout.

You should try London - enjoying the torrential downpours at present - but it has been unbearable for the last week with 34 degrees and blazing sun every day.

I dread the summers in London - the excessive urban heat just knocks the stuffing out of me, makes me anxious, nauseous and feel really lousy. Hay fever has also been bad this year with the high temperatures.

Went to bed one night lying on a wet towel which seemed to help - as does running your wrists under a cold tap.

Anyway, think the heat wave has finally run out of steam - a week's rain which has a (for me at any rate) a welcome psychological cooling effect. Thinking clearly for the first time in a week.

It's great to be able to walk outside without the searing heat and humidity, isn't it? The prospect of being able to sleep in comfort is also such a welcome relief..It's all been really draining psychologically and physically so good to get back to a normal British Summer, I think?!

I've got fibromyalgia which is affected by heat and cold, so it's been hard going here too. Hang on in there - Autumn is coming - and hopefully there will be a few mild and dry days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information