Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, but I was scrolling through a lot of the posts, and y'all are so reassuring and kind, so I figured I would post because I have been so worried to the point where I'm practically bed-ridden from fear about colon cancer. I am a 21 year old female, and about 1.5 months ago, I had a random bout of diarrhea that lasted about 1.5 weeks. My stool was really loose, but I was only going about 1-2 times per day. I got tested for coronavirus and it came back negative, and the stool eventually got a better but I was starting to go about 1 to sometimes 3 times a day, and my stools were still a bit loose but not watery and kind of small and thin but I never saw any blood. I also had a lot of gas and intermittent stabbing pain in my rectum. Throughout this time, I was panicking about colon cancer already, so I booked an appointment with a GI doc which I had last week. Between me making the appointment and last week, my stools had gotten a lot better (weren't thin and I was going less) but I went to the appointment just for peace of mind.

So, I get to the appointment, and she tells me that she's pretty sure it's IBS but that she wants to rule out everything else, so I got a blood test to check my thyroid levels, C reactive protein (for Crohn's I think), and Celiac's disease. I also got a FIT test for occult blood and a stool test for pathogens. Basically, everything came back negative except for my stool test. On the day of my test, I maybe saw a streak of blood, but it wasn't obvious, and I didn't have blood on my toilet paper this entire time. My GI contacted me today, and I have to do a colonoscopy next week.

Anyways, I would just really appreciate some reassurance and your thoughts in general. I have pretty severe health anxiety as is, and this has sent it sky rocketing. I'm going to be a senior in college, and I am supposed to fly back to school in a few weeks, and I can't help but catastrophize and plan future cancer treatments that are going to prevent me from going back. I'm so, so scared, and I've just been a wreck. I know I just have to wait, but I can't help thinking it's the worst case scenario. Please help :(