Thread: DVT Worries

DVT Worries

Hello everyone,

So yesterday evening, I had a particularly wicked calf cramp in my left leg that was excruciating. It lasted for a few minutes or so. Afterwards and even today, that area feels sore when I walk on it. Plus I feel some warmness in that leg too. DVT crossed my mind as that could be one of the symptoms (warm feeling).

I don't think it is that as I am 29 year old male that stays active and doesn't smoke and I haven't flown on a plane in years. I don't smoke either.

Does any one have any insight? I have always thought of DVT as something you get after 50 but I have heard of younger people get it.

Re: DVT Worries

So pain has subsided in my leg but it still gets warm at times. No sign of leg swelling.

from what I’ve read of DVT, it doesn’t come and go but is more a constant pain that doesn’t go away.

Anyone?

To me, that sounds way more like a Charlie horse than anything. I get those sometimes, and they’re brutal. Last one I had left my calf muscles sore for a week. I understand why our minds jump right to worst case scenarios but it sounds like this happened over 24 hrs ago now - I really think you’re fine.

Charlie horses can be caused by dehydration - so try to drink a bunch of water and see if that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    To me, that sounds way more like a Charlie horse than anything. I get those sometimes, and they’re brutal. Last one I had left my calf muscles sore for a week. I understand why our minds jump right to worst case scenarios but it sounds like this happened over 24 hrs ago now - I really think you’re fine.

Charlie horses can be caused by dehydration - so try to drink a bunch of water and see if that helps!
    ah okay. What started this was me googling.

plus I have very few risk factors if any but I have heard of young healthy people getting it

i have my annual doctors appointment in less than two weeks. I can bring it up then to my doctor if it is still an issue.

At the same time what can explain the warm sensation in my calf muscle that comes and goes

Happens to me with the Charlie horses too. It’s basically like your muscles spasming and clenching so tight that it causes residual inflammation. So yeah it may feel warm to the touch as it can take a few days to fully loosen back up. That’s what happens to me anyway

Happens to me with the Charlie horses too. It’s basically like your muscles spasming and clenching so tight that it causes residual inflammation. So yeah it may feel warm to the touch as it can take a few days to fully loosen back up. That’s what happens to me anyway
    hmm that maybe happening to me.

I wonder if I should ring my doctor just to make sure. I have my annual physical scheduled in less than two weeks.

I still can’t shake this bad feeling that I might have DVT.

so I woke up this morning and my leg feels a lot better. There is still some soreness though. I don’t feel the warm ness in my calf too. I think I felt it once this morning.

Hopefully this trend will continue but I still worry though...

so yesterday evening and this morning i woke up with very minimal if any leg pain. i guess i just had a bad charley horse earlier.
    no burning/warm sensation either except for when I think about it. Anxiety is weird.
    i guess i need to stop googling

Thread Information