Thread: Is it possible?

Is it possible?

Hi guys,

I am sat here, having just totally had enough of this horrible condition, health anxiety!! Since lockdown I have had one thing after the other and I feel that even my drs are just getting completely annoyed with me.
    I have worried about,

- having a chest wall tumour (was lipomas)

- a detached retina (was just random floaters and eye flashes that passed)

-tonsil cancer (I have a swelling/ new tissue at the top of a tonsil)

- bowel cancer (was constipated etc)

- breast cancer (dr thinks they are cysts)

- my current obsession Leukemia - have purple spots on my legs :(

As you can see all of my worries have been triggered by having ‘real symptoms’ and as you all will know I just can’t cope with the level of worry that they trigger.

I have tried lots of CBT over the years and am currently on 20mg of Citalopram that does help to some degree. My question to you all is do you think one can totally get over health anxiety and live a somewhat ‘normal life’? I feel like I am currently living a half life with some worry always at the back of my mind! Especially when I am at my most happiest Bizarrely!

Sorry for my thoughts but I guess I am seeking some hope that people have managed to shake of this condition...

Penny x

Re: Is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by PennyLane85 View Post
    Hi guys,

I am sat here, having just totally had enough of this horrible condition, health anxiety!! Since lockdown I have had one thing after the other and I feel that even my drs are just getting completely annoyed with me.
    I have worried about,

- having a chest wall tumour (was lipomas)

- a detached retina (was just random floaters and eye flashes that passed)

-tonsil cancer (I have a swelling/ new tissue at the top of a tonsil)

- bowel cancer (was constipated etc)

- breast cancer (dr thinks they are cysts)

- my current obsession Leukemia - have purple spots on my legs :(

As you can see all of my worries have been triggered by having ‘real symptoms’ and as you all will know I just can’t cope with the level of worry that they trigger.

I have tried lots of CBT over the years and am currently on 20mg of Citalopram that does help to some degree. My question to you all is do you think one can totally get over health anxiety and live a somewhat ‘normal life’? I feel like I am currently living a half life with some worry always at the back of my mind! Especially when I am at my most happiest Bizarrely!

Sorry for my thoughts but I guess I am seeking some hope that people have managed to shake of this condition...

Penny x
    Hi Penny sorry your feeling bad xx

I think many of us are this coronavirus has understandably affected everyone, but if you suffer with any mental illnesses it can make it worse

l too am suffering my health anxiety has rocketed, l have a list of ailments from my head to my toes and l know l have to take back control of my thoughts.

l am trying my best to stop analysing my body you should too, this is just controlling our anxieties lets hope for better days

l know we can get better l have been there, but to be honest it never goes completely but it eases sending you positive vibes take care xx

best wishes xx

It has been proven that changes in behaviour and practices can change your brain physically. I believe there was a study on people who meditate and they found that these peoples brains changed, which in affect would change their behaviour.

This is good news for all of us who suffer anxiety because it means we can make permanent changes for the better. The challenge for us is to do the hard work and work on our anxiety which isnt easy.

Yes it is possible to overcome health anxiety completely, or at least have it completely under control. I have, as have other members here. I’ve been free of that beast for a good handful of years now!

Personally I’m still working on certain areas of my mental illness but none of which are health anxiety related anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

I'm constantly battling it too lately.

Thread Information